Author Topic: DAM! Festival Line-up...  (Read 2985 times)

redsock

DAM! Festival Line-up...
« on: September 14, 2006, 08:32:00 am »
In addition to Travis Morrison, Longwave, Forget Cassettes, Hopewell, De Novo Dahl, Decibully, Bishop Allen, Carol Bui, Falcon

we've added

Bellflur, Bound Stems, Laura Burhenn (of Georgie James), The Chinese Stars, The Eames Era, Early Day Miners, The Electricutions, The English Department, Gito Gito Hustler, The Gray Kid, The Oranges Band and  Pela. Still more names to be announced, including one of our headliners.

Also, are pre-party on 10/20 has added Dirty on Purpose to the exciting bill of Exit Clov and the DJing of Geologist from Animal Collective.

And, we are now having a DAM! Fest Hangover party with Cloud Cult on 11/2.

Keep checking  HERE  for more line-up updates as they happen.

Darth Ed

Re: DAM! Festival Line-up...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 02:50:00 pm »
Error: can't find the server at www.damfestival.org

snailhook

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 03:06:00 pm »
so far, the chinese stars are sticking out like a sore thumb.

Fico

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 03:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  In addition to Travis Morrison, Longwave, Forget Cassettes, Hopewell, De Novo Dahl, Decibully, Bishop Allen, Carol Bui, Falcon

we've added

Bellflur, Bound Stems, Laura Burhenn (of Georgie James), The Chinese Stars, The Eames Era, Early Day Miners, The Electricutions, The English Department, Gito Gito Hustler, The Gray Kid, The Oranges Band and  Pela. Still more names to be announced, including one of our headliners.

Also, are pre-party on 10/20 has added Dirty on Purpose to the exciting bill of Exit Clov and the DJing of Geologist from Animal Collective.

And, we are now having a DAM! Fest Hangover party with Cloud Cult on 11/2.

Keep checking  HERE  for more line-up updates as they happen.
Hey Redsock, Cedars would like to take part in this... unless we've become to mainstream  :p

redsock

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 03:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:
  Error: can't find the server at www.damfestival.org
It's up. We have occasional DNS problems now and again. This appears to be now, but it could be again.

redsock

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 04:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by snailhook:
Are you speaking from a genre perspective or a good band perspective? For what it's worth, we are working on a very snailhook approved bill, but haven't finalized it quite yet.

delancie

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 04:22:00 pm »
Hey Redsock, Cedars would like to take part in this... unless we've become to mainstream    :p   [/b]
they probably just figure you guys will be booked at MCI that month ...

Fico

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 04:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:

Originally posted by snailhook:
Are you speaking from a genre perspective or a good band perspective? For what it's worth, we are working on a very snailhook approved bill, but haven't finalized it quite yet. [/b]
I don't know the answer to that...it has been suggested before that we are sort of out of the "indier" side of DC...bombastic U2 ambitions don't seem to fit with the Dischord lot...we just wanna play.

snailhook

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 05:58:00 pm »
Are you speaking from a genre perspective or a good band perspective? For what it's worth, we are working on a very snailhook approved bill, but haven't finalized it quite yet.
a genre perspective, though i have to admit there aren't many bands i'm excited about yet, but everyone knows i have completely inaccessible taste in music anyway. i do like early day miners and the oranges band quite a bit, and dirty on purpose, hopewell, and bound stems are just fine. the chinese stars are a skin graft band, very noisy, confrontational, and abrasive, despite the occasional disco beat. 100% snailhook approved.

i am curious to see what you can come up with for a snailhook-approved bill. you know hardly anybody's gonna show up to that one!   :p

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 07:07:00 pm »
okay now which ones are playing all-ages

manimtired

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 07:15:00 pm »
did longwave come out with a new album?

redsock

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 11:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  did longwave come out with a new album?
Nope, we're just dragging them down here because it has been ages since they've played DC.

redsock

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 11:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  okay now which ones are playing all-ages
Well, the pre-party is an all-ages event. Exit Clov, DOP etc...

Travis Morrison, Longwave, Hopewell and Falcon are playing the RnR Hotel on Friday the 27th, and that is all ages. Working on the Thursday RnR show, which will include the headliner we've talked about.

Bags

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 11:17:00 pm »
You know me, I'm so very mainstream on the spectrum here.  Lots of bands I plan to see -- Forget Cassettes, Longwave (yeah!), De Novo, Hopewell, Oranges Band.  Don't know a lot of the rest.  For folks who have an idea of my sensibilities, feel free to make recommendations!

I can't get in to the DAM website...do you have it all listed on Bigyawn?

Bags

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 11:46:00 pm »
Speaking of Longwave, I only have one album, "The Strangest Things."  Is there another I should get?

Also, as an FYI, Oranges Band is on eMusic.  As is Hopewell -- hey, they're from Poughkeepsie!!  Woo Hoo, Po-towners!!!!