Author Topic: Forum Business: A different take.  (Read 10496 times)

markie

Re: Forum Business: A different take.
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2005, 03:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:
  i believe the term "porky midget" originated in a post by you directed at a newbie.  

Ding ding Dulcinea!

« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2005, 03:31:00 pm »
thatguy: "porky midget"

Yes, and I have apologized for that comment multiple times. When you were speaking of "recent" abuses of newbies, I didn't realize that something that I said three years ago qualified as "recent."

thatguy: if i post because my favorite band is coming, i don't need to hear that you, or any other anonymous blowhard, think that they suck.  it serves no purpose.  it accomplishes nothing except for maybe chasing someone away from the forum.

Why does everything have to serve some higher purpose? (Most often, that purpose being to pad Seth's bank account.)
 If someone says band xyz is coming and I say band xyz sucks, how is that any different than going on a sports chatboard and telling someone their favorite baseball team, the Yankees, suck? It's light teasing. Quit trying to make it out as anything more.

now that you make me think about it, i believe the term "porky midget" originated in a post by you directed at a newbie.  

I mean it's one thing to tell someone they have lousy music taste because they like crappy band xyz, but it's quite another thing to insult someone's looks or mental capacity or other things more personal because they like band xyz, right? I will admit to doing both, and I am sorry for doing the latter, but wouldn't call the former "abuse".
my point, once again, is that there is no reason to do either of these things.  how does someone else's taste in music affect you in any way whatsoever?  taste is subjective.  f i post because my favorite band is coming, i don't need to hear that you, or any other anonymous blowhard, think that they suck.  it serves no purpose.  it accomplishes nothing except for maybe chasing someone away from the forum.

i don't understand why this is so hard a concept for some of y'all to grasp.  i am typing in english here, right? [/b]

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2005, 03:32:00 pm »
   but we established long ago that i'm just some damn hippy.  or an "emo-fag," whatever the hell that is.
This should all but sum up the argument. Anyone who doesn't know what an emofag is (or cannot easily surmise) has no business making policy.

markie

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2005, 03:34:00 pm »
Can't we just agree to go along with what the moderators ask? It is their house, they set the rules, we abide by them?

Is it so hard?

ggw

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2005, 03:34:00 pm »
 i don't understand why this is so hard a concept for some of y'all to grasp.  i am typing in english here, right?
You've been around long enough to recognize troll behavior.

walkonby

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2005, 03:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Wayne, BadSushi Fellatio AFICIONADO:

but we established long ago that i'm just some damn hippy.  or an "emo-fag," whatever the hell that is.
This should all but sum up the argument. Anyone who doesn't know what an emofag is (or cannot easily surmise) has no business making policy. [/b]
is your name wayne?  are you really a badsushi fellatio fan?  does she know this?  is she a fan of you being a fan?  are fans plugged in at their correct speed?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2005, 03:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  is your name wayne?  are you really a badsushi fellatio fan?  does she know this?  is she a fan of you being a fan?  are fans plugged in at their correct speed?
Is your name walkonby?, yes, yes, i'd assume so, i have air conditioning

poorlulu

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2005, 03:38:00 pm »
good god.........

i really didn't think it was possible for the board to get any more boring than it has been of late...............

how i hate being wrong........

walkonby

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2005, 03:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Wayne, BadSushi Fellatio AFICIONADO:

Originally posted by walkonby:
Is your name walkonby?, yes, yes, i'd assume so, i have air conditioning [/b]
to a degree . . . and i like fans with air conditioning.

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2005, 03:41:00 pm »
Were you always able to obey all the rules your parents made, and never question them?

If your employer told you that you had to wear a three piece suit to work every day, would you gladly oblige?

Originally posted by MTB-Markie:
  Can't we just agree to go along with what the moderators ask? It is their house, they set the rules, we abide by them?

Is it so hard?

walkonby

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2005, 03:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by poorlulu:
  good god.........

i really didn't think it was possible for the board to get any more boring than it has been of late...............

then start being write.

poorlulu

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2005, 03:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by Xavier Bush, Power Forward:
 [QB] Were you always able to obey all the rules your parents made, and never question them?

If your employer told you that you had to wear a three piece suit to work every day, would you gladly oblige?

yes pretty much

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2005, 03:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Xavier Bush, Power Forward:
 When you were speaking of "recent" abuses of newbies, I didn't realize that something that I said three years ago qualified as "recent."
sour jeebus.  i never said that it was recent.  and i never said that you abused newbies.  you asked for an example.  i gave you one.  read for comprehension, please.

Why does everything have to serve some higher purpose? (Most often, that purpose being to pad Seth's bank account.)
because for some silly reason, i'd like to exist in a place that is not full of negativity.  this has nothing to do with money.  what you put out is what you get back.  

If someone says band xyz is coming and I say band xyz sucks, how is that any different than going on a sports chatboard and telling someone their favorite baseball team, the Yankees, suck? It's light teasing. Quit trying to make it out as anything more.
it is no different.  it's just as stupid and pointless and rude.

light teasing is fine, between friends.  that is not what is happening on this forum.

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2005, 03:48:00 pm »
Well go dig up some new shite on Robbie Williams, and thrill us all.   :p  
Originally posted by poorlulu:
  good god.........

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2005, 03:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  You've been around long enough to recognize troll behavior.
occasionally, i still hold out hope that people can learn, grow, evolve.  i guess i'm just naive sometimes.