Author Topic: i have an idea  (Read 3405 times)

sonickteam2

i have an idea
« on: September 14, 2005, 02:52:00 pm »
how about we get rid of the post count and register dat things

2 things could be solved

1. the raping and sodomizing of newbie posters.

b. the consequent newbie rant of how "you guys think you are so fucking cool cause you have 10,000 posts"

i mean, does post count and register date really need to be on here??  it seems to only supply everyone ammo to bash another....

Re: i have an idea
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 02:58:00 pm »
Super ideas!!! Somebody sign this man up as a community moderator.

Shadrach

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 03:04:00 pm »
That's not the worst idea I've ever heard. I can't wait to see posts that read like this:

I love Brit pop and soccer. Anything else is shite.

Posts # 5,788

I would be willing to bet that some people would track their own number of posts.

twangirl

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 03:07:00 pm »
In order for this idea to work you'd also have to get rid of the member numbers.

Relaxer

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 03:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam, forum nice guy:
  how about we get rid of the post count and register dat things

2 things could be solved

1. the raping and sodomizing of newbie posters.

b. the consequent newbie rant of how "you guys think you are so fucking cool cause you have 10,000 posts"

i mean, does post count and register date really need to be on here??  it seems to only supply everyone ammo to bash another....
We have a post counter? I had no idea. Where is it exactly? Does it say how many posts I have? I feel so out of the loop.
oword

muschi

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 03:18:00 pm »
ahh the ol' comedy stand-by  "raping and sodomizing" . let me catch my breath!  [sonickteam]

Jaguär

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 01:49:00 am »
I find it rather hypocritical that with a board so full of politically correct beaurocrats or beaurcratic outsourcees, that so many of them are completely intolerant of others interests, points of view, tastes, or posting styles. Interestingly enough, I also have noticed a long time ago, both on this forum and everywhere else in life, that it sometimes seems that the most pc are the most intolorant of the differences in others which is partly why I hate pcness so damned much! Geesh! Sure, I know I take the piss sometimes on some things too but to take so much of the crap on here, or any board for that matter, so seriously or personal is so against the supposed liberal and free-thinking doctrines!

Of course, I've always found political correctness to be nothing but yet another form of censorship and psychological bullying so I guess it all fits.

Deal with it ya'll and allow others to be their own individual and not some embodiment of what you personally believe the ideal forumite should be or post in the manner that you expect to your own likings. If someone doesn't like your music or taste in anything else, that is a reflection on that artist or other, not you! Learn to recognize the difference. It always amazes me how many people are so blinded by another's difference of opinion. Lord knows that I don't like about half of some of the music that many of you go on about but I still like most of you just as much as ever. You probably don't like half of my music either. So fucking what! I just hope that you still want to rock out with me when we do gather for music that we do agree on.

This is a community forum, not your forum.

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 10:27:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  I find it rather hypocritical that with a board so full of politically correct beaurocrats or beaurcratic outsourcees, that so many of them are completely intolerant of others interests, points of view, tastes, or posting styles. Lord knows that I don't like about half of some of the music that many of you go on about but I still like most of you just as much as ever. You probably don't like half of my music either. So fucking what! I just hope that you still want to rock out with me when we do gather for music that we do agree on.

This is a community forum, not your forum.
I agree.  Nothing anyone poasts or says is going to affect any of our fates as we go about our daily business on our one-way trip to hell.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 11:09:00 am »
personally i like the date registered field... i get all warm and fuzzy when i check the date of a poster i don't recognize and findout they are a long time lurker.
T.Rex

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005, 11:32:00 am »
while we're navel-gazing here, i have an idea:

let's update the damn forum software and bring us into the 21st century ... i've been lurking on www.donrockwell.com lately (nice posts bede), why can't we have the features they do?
(o|o)

thirsty moore

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2005, 11:40:00 am »
The only feature I would recommend is search.  If we had it though, it probably wouldn't be used, and it would be more ammo for regulars to use against newbies (i hate that word).

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2005, 11:42:00 am »
Originally posted by econo:
  The only feature I would recommend is search.  If we had it though, it probably wouldn't be used, and it would be more ammo for regulars to use against newbies (i hate that word).
just out of curiosity, why is everyone on here (and it seems like a consensus from previous talks about this) so against all the features that most other boards have?
(o|o)

thirsty moore

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2005, 11:44:00 am »
More features aren't really necessary.  The forum might look a little dated, but all we are doing is posting text and pictures.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2005, 11:58:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:

Originally posted by econo:
just out of curiosity, why is everyone on here (and it seems like a consensus from previous talks about this) so against all the features that most other boards have? [/b]
go to most band related forums and you'll quickly findout why i don't want signatures or avatars on this forum.... way to much clutter

i would like expanded profile info for those so inclined to use that

i like the keep it simple approach..
T.Rex

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2005, 12:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
 go to most band related forums and you'll quickly findout why i don't want signatures or avatars on this forum.... way to much clutter

i would like expanded profile info for those so inclined to use that

i like the keep it simple approach..
ok, well wouldn't it be nice to see how many members are reading the forum at any moment, or how many lurkers there are?  there's a lot more out there than just signatures and avatars
(o|o)