Author Topic: Forum Party Is Official - Sat 1/6  (Read 6756 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Forum Party Is Official - Sat 1/6
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2007, 12:19:00 pm »
that was a lot of fun.  attendees included kosmo, sir HC, el tee, sonick +1, dr. doom, the other doctor, bombay chutney +1 (who, incidentally, is not indian), sam, delancey and me +1.  probably forgetting someone.  if surly showed up, i missed him - would be too bad, i looked forward to meeting him.  el tee's brownies (her mom's?) were tasty, and we're all grateful for the CDs she handed out    :)    i'll toot my own horn by saying my baked brie was a hit too.   kosmo keeped us entertained with his mixed CDs - thanks!  lots of good shit-shooting went down.

nice to put faces to the posts and see that you're all, for the most part, passably normal.  i look forward to meeting y'all again next time something like this goes down... or, alternately, chatting one-on-one as we bump into each other at the club.
<sig>

thirsty moore

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2007, 01:15:00 pm »
Sorry I couldn't make it folks.  I'm in the middle of another round of shock treatments.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2007, 01:27:00 pm »
Thanks for putting this together.  We had a good time and ended up staying a lot longer than we had intended.   Nice to finally meet you guys.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2007, 01:54:00 pm »
Sweet, thanks for the summary.  I'm not sure if I met Delancey or not, it was nice to see everyone else though.

El Tee's brownies were awesome... And it's worth noting that your baked brie was such a hit that a woman from an adjoining table brazenly helped herself to a slice without even asking... funniest thing I've seen in a while!
_\|/_

delancie

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2007, 04:15:00 pm »
that baked brie had a tasty taste to it!  nice to meet some of you folks.  I might even be inspired to attempt to post more than once a month now!   :)

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2007, 07:19:00 pm »
Good times! Nice to meet some new folks and some people I rarely see. Thanks to all who brought the goodies to share! We'll do it again sometime soon,I hope.

Phibes

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2007, 09:47:00 pm »
thanks to everyone for coming out last night... it was great seeing some old and new faces.  now that the backbar is smoke free, it's like being able to hangout in someone's very cool basement!  we'll have to try another gathering soon...
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2007, 02:33:00 am »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
 the other doctor,
and by that, i meant "Dr. Anton Phibes", of course...

Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
 brie was such a hit that a woman from an adjoining table brazenly helped herself to a slice without even asking
well, she did leave us a friggin' dollar after she was called out for raiding our feast... that, like, totally made it worthwhile   :roll:  

looking forward to doing it again (random freeloaders and all)
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2007, 10:24:00 am »
yeah! good times, good times.  nice to finally meet a fellow canuck from the board.  and the doctor of doom, who, quite frankly i was scared to meet because well, hes freakin Doctor Doom!!!

but he turned out to be a super nice guy!

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2007, 10:33:00 am »
Sorry I missed the Forum Party. The Gilbert Arenas bash was pretty good, as you might have heard. P Diddy was in the house.

My wife told me she'd go if Mankie and Surly were there, but I couldn't guarantee their prescence, so we didn't make it.

sonickteam2

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2007, 10:42:00 am »
why would we have heard about Gilbert Arenas' party?  

lame.

well, its ok that you werent there, it would have made it awkward to talk shit about you if you were standing right there!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2007, 11:03:00 am »
Pulling out my old mixes has sort of light the fire to make Swagger a real event.  Where the quotient of Rock and R&B Music from the 60s onwards trumps yet another BritPop DJ night.  

I'm even getting inspired to finally getting around to making "Know Your Swagger" the third installment of the "Swagger - Rated R for Rock" series.

Under consideration

The Clash - "Know Your Rights"
 Paul Revere and the Raiders - "Steppin' Out"
 Phoenix - "Long Distance Phone Call"
 T. Rex
 Earl Greyhound
 Isley Brothers - "It's Your Thing"
 Gloria Jones - "Heartbeat"
 etc...
T.Rex

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2007, 11:33:00 am »
Dang, I would have joined in.

"well, its ok that you werent there, it would have made it awkward to talk shit about you if you were standing right there!"

sonickteam2

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2007, 12:15:00 pm »
thats very self-loathing of you!

Bags

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2007, 01:12:00 pm »
Sorry I missed it...I've been so swamped lately, as you can tell from my absence from the board generally for months (not that I'm assuming anyone's noticed).  I haven't even been to a show since November!!  Shit.  

Hope to run in to folks at shows again soon...  And maybe there will be something awesome like Curiosa this summer to get a crew to Club 932 at Merriweather.