Author Topic: Forum Party Is Official - Sat 1/6  (Read 6755 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Forum Party Is Official - Sat 1/6
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2007, 01:26:00 pm »
If it's possible it would be cool to pick a recurring Fri/Sat night on which to have gatherings in the BackBar... i.e. third Sat of every other month... That way it's out there and if people can show it would go on, if not it would be canceled.  As noted above it's easier to hang down there now that it's smoke free and one doesn't have to go very far if a quick drag is needed.

I'll need to figure out how to DJ on remote control, as it's more fun to hangout then being stuck behind the decks all night.  Of course maybe we'll get more DJ volunteers next time out and the mix CDs can stay at home  :)
T.Rex

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2007, 11:09:00 pm »
WHY IS THE QUOTE FEATURE GONE, IT WAS USEFUL IF USED IN MODERATION!!!!!

and Sonick, it was nice to meet you too, I didn't realize I had such a scary reputation!
_\|/_

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2007, 11:33:00 am »
just a thought: seems like a lot of folks here, hipsters that we are, will be going to The Dears show on Sat Jan 20... might be another good night to meet up at the BB, before the show.  or somewhere else in the hood if it doesn't open early enough.  informally.  i'm not promising baked treats.  not yet.
<sig>

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2007, 11:37:00 am »
I heard that it was the Jonathan Richman show that the hipsters were going to.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2007, 11:39:00 am »
Actually this "hipster" will be at the Exit Clov/De Novo Dahl/Middle Distance Runner show and hoping to  catch part of the Dears show.  delancie is rumoured to be a member of MDR  :)
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2007, 12:01:00 pm »
shit, you're right, i forgot that jan 20 is the grand alignment of hipster stars... i too would have gone to the exit clov/dnd/mdr show had i not already bought dears tickets.  dang.  

back to the drawing board with that idea.
<sig>

eltee

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2007, 12:26:00 pm »
Thanks to everyone who put this together. Nice to meet some new people and see old faces.  It is nice that Backbar isn't smokey anymore, yet, it's still pretty steamy down there!
 I made out like a bandit in the silent gift exchange - thanks!
 We should try to catch up [at shows] every now and again...I'll bring the special brownies.  ;)  I'm thinking of the EC/MDR @ BC show as well...if I'm not in bed by 10 that night.  :p

Vas Deferens

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2007, 12:27:00 pm »
I'll be at the Dears show...

MDR? I hope that I don't see any  more of their CDRs anywhere in 2007!
(_|_)

delancie

« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2007, 01:19:00 pm »
Believe me, Joe ... I really hope we don't have to do the CDr thing much longer, myself!  It's not very fun making all of those.

but yeah ... we're gonna cut the brakes on the Dears tour bus on january 19th, so sorry in advance about that.  guess everyone will just have to come to the black cat.