Author Topic: Coldplay at 9:30????  (Read 3423 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: Coldplay at 9:30????
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2005, 11:21:00 am »
Originally posted by brennser:

Is it Josh Rouse that sounds very much like the Smiths, or the closest anyone has come to sounding like them.  
yes, esp on Winter in the Hamptons which is probably what you;re hearing on the radio [/b]
That's it! Cheers, off to record shop.

brennser

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2005, 11:23:00 am »
the albumis called Nashville - gorgeous album - possibly my fave of 05 so far

Originally posted by O'Mankie:

Is it Josh Rouse that sounds very much like the Smiths, or the closest anyone has come to sounding like them.  
yes, esp on Winter in the Hamptons which is probably what you;re hearing on the radio [/b]
That's it! Cheers, off to record shop. [/b]

mattindc

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2005, 11:32:00 am »
hey all that are saying Coldplay are filling fan onl small venues possibly have never ever been to a 50000 Coldplay gig that could stun a herd of wild horses at 500 paces - i have in England and oh dear goodness they are amazing live - none of this 'coldplay are mediorce' rubbish!

ratioci nation

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2005, 11:44:00 am »
coldplay = mediocre
 Ed Harcourt = rubbish
 Josh Rouse = A-OK

maybe I should go back to Big Yawn with a one word review section   :D

brennser

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2005, 12:13:00 pm »
keep that kind of contrary behavior up and there'll be no birthday drink for you at the weddoes gig!

Originally posted by pollardteam2:

Ed Harcourt = rubbish

ratioci nation

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 12:21:00 pm »
  keep that kind of contrary behavior up and there'll be no birthday drink for you at the weddoes gig!

Ed Harcourt = rubbish

[/b]
oh, for a drink I'll be quiet I guess   :p

beedubyah

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2005, 12:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by mattindc:
 oh dear goodness they are amazing live - none of this 'coldplay are mediorce' rubbish!
Have to agree.  Saw them in Baltimore at the venue in Inner Harbor...Ill never forget it.

In my top 5....

Bags

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2005, 02:04:00 pm »
 oh, for a drink I'll be quiet I guess     :p  
I'll be quiet for a drink!  I'll be quiet for a drink!

distance

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2005, 02:24:00 pm »
the 930 show was fun last time.
 though probably the best show of theirs for me was louisville in march 03 because i had front row dead center tickets (by luck).  watching a show like that is a pretty different experience when there's reserved seating.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2005, 02:33:00 pm »
While I agree with Mankie and Dodgy that there are many fantastic and exciting bands right now, I also have to say that I just really enjoy Coldplay. I've seen them a few times live and all times have been terrific. And I don't think they are on the decline. Quite the opposite.

distance

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2005, 03:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  While I agree with Mankie and Dodgy that there are many fantastic and exciting bands right now, I also have to say that I just really enjoy Coldplay. I've seen them a few times live and all times have been terrific. And I don't think they are on the decline. Quite the opposite.
i haven't heard anything from the new album myself.  i've enjoyed seeing them live all 4 times and frankly i'd much rather drop $20 or something on a ticket to one of these promo gigs than buy the new album.
 i refuse to pay $70+fees to see coldplay though (it's looking like that's what decent seats to the summer/fall tour are going to cost -- ridiculous)

Yank

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2005, 04:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
I don't think Coldplay have declined, but have pretty much stayed the same. I've heard a couple of the new songs and,well, they're Coldplayish.    :(    When the competition was The Stereophonics, Radiohead and Travis, Coldplay sounded pretty good.  Now, with bands like Franz, The Cribs, The Hard-Fi, The Departure, Bloc Party, The Coral, Kaiser Chiefs, Editors (I could go on and on), Coldplay are completley passe. But without a doubt, the new album will sell by the millions.  

Have you heard The Tears album (Here Come The Tears) Kuro?  I wasn't expecting much but it's pretty good.  Much better than most of the Suede albums.

pip

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2005, 10:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by J5RootsKweliJ5:
  "The shows add to Coldplay's rapidly expanding North American itinerary, which already includes shows in Las Vegas on April 29, the Coachella festival the following day and the HFStival in Baltimore on May 14. According to a spokesperson at Capitol, there is an additional buzz gig scheduled for May 13, but details on where it will happen could not be confirmed."

taken from mtv.com

i wonder where that buzz gig is going to be???
The May 13th gig has been announced and it's at the Avalon in Boston.