Author Topic: Coldplay at 9:30????  (Read 3422 times)

J5RootsKweliJ5

Coldplay at 9:30????
« on: April 25, 2005, 06:39:00 pm »
"The shows add to Coldplay's rapidly expanding North American itinerary, which already includes shows in Las Vegas on April 29, the Coachella festival the following day and the HFStival in Baltimore on May 14. According to a spokesperson at Capitol, there is an additional buzz gig scheduled for May 13, but details on where it will happen could not be confirmed."

taken from mtv.com

i wonder where that buzz gig is going to be???

Bags

Re: Coldplay at 9:30????
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 07:08:00 pm »
Rams Head Live!!!!!

walkonby

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 07:10:00 pm »
dar

yeah baby

everyone loves dar

the parking is great

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 08:20:00 pm »
Unfortunately (for us Coldplay fans), Porcupine Tree is booked at the club... Coldplay have been playing tiny fans-only shows in England. Maybe somewhere smaller?

helicon1

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 08:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  Unfortunately, Porcupine Tree (who is that?!) is booked at the club... Coldplay have been playing tiny fans-only shows in England. Maybe somewhere smaller?
Unfortunately? Not for me! They are one of my favourite band for the last ten years. I HIGHLY recommend this show to you all. If you like Coldplay, you just might like this band.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 08:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by Glass Arm Shattering:
  Unfortunately? Not for me! They are one of my favourite band for the last ten years.  
That's cool. I was just wishing for a secret Coldplay show. I will amend my remarks.

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 09:32:00 pm »
YO!!!

where have you been!

Hit me up kid.

peace

Chip Chanko

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 12:39:00 am »
peace.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 04:54:00 am »
  Unfortunately (for us Coldplay fans), Porcupine Tree is booked at the club... Coldplay have been playing tiny fans-only shows in England. Maybe somewhere smaller?
It could be that Coldplay are well past their sell-by date so can only fill small "fans only" venues. A lot of good talent out at the moment (imho) so average bands won't last long.

Yank

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 06:13:00 am »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:

It could be that Coldplay are well past their sell-by date so can only fill small "fans only" venues. A lot of good talent out at the moment (imho) so average bands won't last long. [/b]
Too right, Mr O'Mankie!  Coldplay do have their special uses though....the perfect cure for insomnia.  They were ok a few years ago when not much else was happening, but with the wealth of good new bands, they've become irrelevant.

brennser

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 08:58:00 am »
you should have gone to the secret (well it seemed secret as there were only 60 people there) Ed Harcourt show last night

while he may dislike the comparisons, alot of his stuff sounds like Coldplay....only better

Originally posted by Glass Arm Shattering:
  Unfortunately? Not for me! They are one of my favourite band for the last ten years.  
That's cool. I was just wishing for a secret Coldplay show. I will amend my remarks. [/b]

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 09:10:00 am »
Originally posted by brennser:
 [QB]
 while he may dislike the comparisons, alot of his stuff sounds like Coldplay....only better

on comparisons.....I've heard a few songs on the radio from the same artist but I never catch his name. Is it Josh Rouse that sounds very much like the Smiths, or the closest anyone has come to sounding like them.

brennser

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 09:11:00 am »
Is it Josh Rouse that sounds very much like the Smiths, or the closest anyone has come to sounding like them.  
yes, esp on Winter in the Hamptons which is probably what you;re hearing on the radio

Bags

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 09:27:00 am »
Originally posted by walkonby:
 everyone loves dar

the parking is great
You should ride your bike!

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 11:20:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:

Originally posted by walkonby: