Author Topic: M. Ward roll call  (Read 3449 times)

shtee223

Re: M. Ward roll call
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 01:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
  The crowd seemed pretty youngish. A good example was the two teenage boys behind me rambling on about how great the Bright Eyes show, and how they'd like to hang out at club "where musicians would come just to hang out...Bowie would be in one corner smoking, Jack White would be in another corner."
hahaha that was my friend saying that, i was the other teenage boy. i would definitely disagree about the crowd though, we were two of probably 10 teenagers there i would guess. i was actually surprised that the crowd seemed to be mostly people in their 30s. and i wouldnt say we were "rambling." if youre the guy i think you are, then i think youre the one who farted and stunk up the area for like five minutes.

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 04:18:00 pm »
Haha, small world. I love farting at shows and freaking my neighbors out, but I wasn't the perpetrator of that particular crime against humanity(I'd happily claim it if I was). It did seem odd that soon as the opener ended, everyone made a mad dash to be right up front (and be in position to smell each others farts...my wife, who freaks out when people are too close to her, should be glad she was out of town), even though the club was well under capacity at that point (8:15ish). I guess it can be chalked up to the enthusiasm af the teenage crowd.  :)

Can Willie be hanging in "the club" as well, passing out joints to everyone?

Originally posted by shtee223:

The crowd seemed pretty youngish. A good example was the two teenage boys behind me rambling on about how great the Bright Eyes show, and how they'd like to hang out at club "where musicians would come just to hang out...Bowie would be in one corner smoking, Jack White would be in another corner."
hahaha that was my friend saying that, i was the other teenage boy. i would definitely disagree about the crowd though, we were two of probably 10 teenagers there i would guess. i was actually surprised that the crowd seemed to be mostly people in their 30s. and i wouldnt say we were "rambling." if youre the guy i think you are, then i think youre the one who farted and stunk up the area for like five minutes. [/b]

shtee223

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 04:31:00 pm »
Sure why the hell not. Willie Nelson was the first concert I ever went to; he's cool by me.

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 04:31:00 pm »
   The male singer may be the ugliest frontman I've ever seen.

agreed. he looked like what i always envisioned the giant in jack and the beanstalk to look like, but with a t-shirt and unwashed hair.

oakley were good but weren't thrilling. they seemed to use chord progressions that have been used 100+ times before, but i agree with vassego, the fiddle was really cool.

m. ward really impressed me. his fingerpicked opener was great--clearly he's studied john fahey. and his band was excellent (loved the older dude in the pabst blue ribbon shirt who was rockin' out). great setlist, especially the inclusion of the daniel johnston number, and lots of energy made for a really wonderful show. i'd see him again.