Author Topic: OC cancelled  (Read 2603 times)

bellenseb

OC cancelled
« on: January 04, 2007, 01:06:00 pm »
I'm sadly, sad. I say, bring back Oliver for the series finale.

distance

Re: OC cancelled
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 02:10:00 pm »
good riddance.
 can they cancel 90% of the rest of what's on television as well?

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 02:19:00 pm »
NUMB3RS

Does anyone like that show? Geeks on call meets CSI. I've tried to sit through it twice and fell asleep both times, so it's not looking good from my end....and how can you take the goofy young doctor from Northern Exposure seriously?

I also tried to watch The Office doodlestyle, but sorry, it's crap compared to the UK and original version. Not USA bashing, it's just the fact.

definitivedoodle

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 02:21:00 pm »
would rather see a OC/24 twist where jack comes in and shoots everyone.

CuriosaTix

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 02:45:00 pm »
NUMB3RS has definitely run out of steam....  and I completely disagree as the US version of the Office has really come into it's own as one funny show.

brennser

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 02:54:00 pm »
I also tried to watch The Office doodlestyle, but sorry, it's crap compared to the UK and original version. Not USA bashing, it's just the fact.
WRONG!!!! Nice try though Mankie.....did you say you were in Jupiter (now theres a name with loads of possibilities.....men are from mars, mankie is from jupiter)? I might well be there for a visit later this year....

renton007

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 03:00:00 pm »
While the BBC version is superior to the NBC version I have come to love the NBC show.  I just think of it as a different show altogther and not BBC via NBC. I hope that makes sense.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 03:22:00 pm »
I heard, too.  I'm sad.  Although this season started out horrifically awful, it's starting to get good again.  The music is good and regardless of the ridiculous plot twisting, it is a beautifully shot show.  And the last few episodes have been relatively decent.

BUT they brought this on themselves.  You can't let your main character leave!!

vansmack

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 03:27:00 pm »
Last summer, Fox only bought 16 episodes so this isn't much of a surprise.  But I disagree with you Betty - I think the only reason Fox let them have 16 episodes was because they let Mischa Barton leave.  She was certainly not worth the raise she was asking for.  Fox would have cancelled earlier had they caved to her demands.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 03:31:00 pm »
Bressner...I'm not "trying" anything, it just happens to be my opinion. Admittedly I've only seen one episode so maybe I'll give it another try. The boss is not nearly as obnoxious as Ricky Gervais.

The episode I saw is were they were at some convention and he arranged a party in his hotel room but nobody showed up, predictable and so not funny.

renton007

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 03:34:00 pm »
The NBC version is probably better for Americans unfamiliar with the BBC version.  I would check out the episode where Michael burns his foot on his Foreman grill. Classic.

ratioci nation

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 06:54:00 pm »
I thought the first few episodes of this season of American Office (the convention episode was one of those) were pretty weak.  But lately it has been great again.  I still dont think it has been as good as last season although Ed Helms is a pretty good addition.

chokeychicken

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 07:44:00 pm »
veronica mars is the new OC!

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 08:00:00 pm »
Michael burns his foot on his Foreman grill. Classic. ...

Now that sounds funny.

K8teebug

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 09:18:00 am »
I love Veronica Mars!  I wish more people would watch it.

As for the Office, I was really sad when they made an American version.  The British verson is brilliant.  However, I think they've done a pretty good job with it now.  It's not so bad.  And, can sometimes be really funny.  The Jim and Pam stuff gets on my nerves a little though.