Author Topic: Vinyl isn't dead yet...  (Read 264755 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Vinyl isn't dead yet...
« Reply #585 on: June 02, 2021, 04:59:00 pm »
Part of the reason vinyl sucked ass when the CD was introduced.

It does make sense for club 12"s, though. They're cut pretty hot, so any surface noise is easily masked.
😐 🎶

« Reply #586 on: June 02, 2021, 05:02:25 pm »
this was also an interesting development...
Industry rumors are ablaze about a new alleged ‘high definition’ vinyl product that could potentially yield higher audio fidelity and longer play per side. This “HD Vinyl” production method would also do away with “toxic chemicals used in the electroplating” process and introduce laser-cut grooves. Could this mean less PVC used in general? Skeptics and hopefuls alike will have to wait until October’s Making Vinyl conference in Detroit to hear for themselves.
slack

Starsky

« Reply #587 on: June 02, 2021, 05:29:09 pm »
I just bought this turntable

https://www.amazon.com/Fluance-Reference-Turntable-Cartridge-Vibration/dp/B07KGL56XJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=fluance%2Brt85&qid=1622669381&sprefix=fluance&sr=8-2&th=1&psc=1

Probably first nice turntable I have ever bought which is kind of crazy.. DJ sidehatch gave me two nice ones about 15 years ago but they sort of ran their course years ago... then I bought some at thrift stores but they all eventually had issues then I bought a cheap audio technica and it started making a buzzing sound

Over the past few years I have hooked up about ten people with turntables..you used to literally find them on the street!

Anyways I hope I have luck with this one... the reviews are generally great
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 05:35:16 pm by Starsky »

Starsky

« Reply #588 on: June 05, 2021, 12:40:30 pm »
Wow thanks for the overflowing interest and love!

Got turntable yesterday..managed to set it up this morning and listening to the fabulous Arthur Verocai LP... sounding great but its a spotless high quality reissue...another test will be playing some scratchy old vinyl...

« Reply #589 on: June 05, 2021, 06:08:31 pm »
Looks like an awesome rig
congratulations on the new addition to the family
May it spin long
slack

Yada

« Reply #590 on: June 08, 2021, 12:02:32 pm »
A neighborhood listserv score this morning...Mint condition OG pressings of multiple albums from The Beatles, The Stones, Neil Young, B-52s, Talking Heads, Fleetwood Mac, Cat Stevens, The Smithereens, tons of classical albums. Very niiiiiice.

Starsky

« Reply #591 on: June 08, 2021, 12:04:06 pm »
Wow I hope you picked them up

Yada

« Reply #592 on: June 08, 2021, 12:10:39 pm »
Wow I hope you picked them up

Yes, hence the first sentence about the "neighborhood score"!

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #593 on: June 08, 2021, 12:30:00 pm »
A neighborhood listserv score this morning...Mint condition OG pressings of multiple albums from The Beatles, The Stones, Neil Young, B-52s, Talking Heads, Fleetwood Mac, Cat Stevens, The Smithereens, tons of classical albums. Very niiiiiice.

That's sweet. Which Beatles albums? I recently purchased the Mono Masters vinyl box set and holy shit Revolution sounds phenomenal in mono.

Starsky

« Reply #594 on: June 08, 2021, 12:30:41 pm »
Just making sure! :)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #595 on: June 08, 2021, 03:37:19 pm »
I already had the complete (standard) discographies of all of those bands on vinyl except B52s and Smithereens.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #596 on: June 08, 2021, 03:41:06 pm »
I heard you have a compilation of every good song ever done by anybody. Every great song by the Beach Boys. All the underground hits. All the Modern Lovers tracks. I heard you have a vinyl of every Niagra record on German import. I heard that you have a white label of every seminal Detroit techno hit - 1985, '86, '87. I heard that you have a CD compilation of every good '60s cut and another box set from the '70s.

Starsky

« Reply #597 on: June 08, 2021, 03:43:54 pm »
I think he’s losing his edge...

Starsky

« Reply #598 on: June 08, 2021, 04:14:05 pm »

That's sweet. Which Beatles albums? I recently purchased the Mono Masters vinyl box set and holy shit Revolution sounds phenomenal in mono.

Am always on the lookout for the White Album in mono...

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #599 on: June 08, 2021, 04:25:33 pm »

Am always on the lookout for the White Album in mono...

As am I but prepare to shell out some cash for it. Wish I had started getting into vinyl sooner as I would have bought that entire mono box set in 2014. They're all out of print now.