Author Topic: Vinyl isn't dead yet...  (Read 259730 times)

walk,on,by

Re: Vinyl isn't dead yet...
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2016, 05:07:24 pm »
new to the board . . . thinks they knows everything . . . posts intelligent things meant to piss off people.  hmmmm,mmmm.

by the way, look at this thread, blowing the f up.

bob72

« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2016, 05:19:23 pm »

for someone that just showed up last week you really seem to think you have all the answers..so wrong so much though..

the vinyl degrades with every play bit is not true...I have records from the 1950s that sound fabulous even if they have been played... if I play a record today and then again tomorrow I don't notice any difference.. as long as I take care of my records, play it with a decent needle etc.. why should it degrade?

and even digital recordings often sound better on vinyl...in addition, a ton of new digital recordings have different masterings for vinyl than cd.. masterings that aren't ear bleeders or brickwalled as bad.. it makes a big difference

and how would you know people buy vinyl simply to collect it and not listen to it?

a ton of the vinyl people listen to is from when vinyl was analog and the cd counterparts- from when they were "digitalized" - sound pretty horrible in relative terms..

earlier today I went to a record store and picked up 14 slabs of vinyl for $20.. not one of them is from a digital source...

if you go to the record fair this weekend - I can't make it- you will notice 99% of the vinyl purchased is from analog tape.

My intention was never to appear I had all the answers. Your response was educational and if I ever sound uneducated I am more than happy for someone to call me out on it, however data to back it up is suggested. (hence my rant about hipsters claiming vinyl sounds better without science to back it up) That being said I am curious...

Regarding vinyl degradation... most styli are made of either a metal or stone material. Vinyl is in fact fairly delicate. I would think metal/stone rubbing against vinyl would degrade it, regardless of how well you take care of it.

my rant really was geared toward things like this https://jgtwo.wordpress.com/2011/10/07/the-guy-who-remastered-nevermind-doesnt-care-if-you-think-its-too-loud/
PENIS

vansmack

« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2016, 05:20:17 pm »
Vinyl is for my grandfather.

But that TV show is for Smackie...
27>34

hutch

« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2016, 05:34:11 pm »
there is a "hipness" and "smugness" aspect to vinyl that seems bizzarro but I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater...

« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2016, 05:36:57 pm »
there, you are.
Right...was just about to say something  like
Bob was posting like a storm and then went dark
slack

« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2016, 05:39:59 pm »

by the way, look at this thread, blowing the f up.
and to we have lenny and squiggy to thank for that!

oh and watch how you talk about those fisher price turntables
apparently I just learned that Hutch has son who specialized in mixing a mash-up of London Bridge is Falling Down and The Farmer in the Dell on two of those bad boys
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:43:11 pm by Sidehatch ★ |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ❄️ »
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2016, 05:40:32 pm »
I saw that.  and I somehow, want to hear it.

bob72

« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2016, 05:43:33 pm »
there, you are.
well I'm trying not to cause TOO much trouble. I believe this is what millennials call a "FAIL"
PENIS

« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2016, 05:44:42 pm »
there, you are.
well I'm trying not to cause TOO much trouble. I believe this is what millennials call a "FAIL"
good your old too...can't have too many whipersnapers around here mucking up the place
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2016, 05:46:01 pm »
im pretty sure, causing trouble, gives mil·len·nials a major hard on.  like, vinyl.

sidehatch, said your instead of you're.  I don't care, but talk about being old.

Yada

« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2016, 05:47:06 pm »
who is bob.

analogfossa

« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2016, 05:47:12 pm »
im pretty sure, causing trouble, gives mil·len·nials a major hard on.  like, vinyl.

sidehatch, said your instead of you're.  I don't care, but talk about being old.
We prefer Gen-Y

Yada

« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2016, 05:47:36 pm »

sidehatch's grammar is on par with his .gif posts.

walk,on,by

« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2016, 05:50:10 pm »
gurrl.

bob72

« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2016, 05:51:11 pm »

sidehatch's grammar is on par with his .gif posts.
OMG DON"T GE ME STARTED ON GRAMMAR!

back in my day...
PENIS