Author Topic: Vinyl isn't dead yet...  (Read 264237 times)

dyecraig

Re: Vinyl isn't dead yet...
« Reply #225 on: July 01, 2016, 12:42:30 pm »
quinteto violado.. nice
it is.
new to me.

dyecraig

« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2016, 09:42:54 pm »
if you order some vinyl from amazon, try to request an alternative delivery method to lasership.
they left a copy of beta band "championship versions" on my stoop in the blazing sun at 3:00 that i rescued by 3:20.
miraculously not warped, but i phoned customer service, which was an episode as anticipated.
now they have "special shade accommodations" just for me, when they deliver to my address.
yeah, right.

hutch

« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2016, 10:25:15 pm »
if you order some vinyl from amazon, try to request an alternative delivery method to lasership.
they left a copy of beta band "championship versions" on my stoop in the blazing sun at 3:00 that i rescued by 3:20.
miraculously not warped, but i phoned customer service, which was an episode as anticipated.
now they have "special shade accommodations" just for me, when they deliver to my address.
yeah, right.

yeah I'm kinda paranoid about buying records in the summer for this very reason...

thanks for the 45s.. I was perusing them with interest.. some really cool stuff man!

i just got back from the 930 club.. i lost my phone there but they found it so i went to pick it up.. miracle..

dyecraig

« Reply #228 on: July 08, 2016, 10:41:12 pm »
yeah, right.

yeah I'm kinda paranoid about buying records in the summer for this very reason...

thanks for the 45s.. I was perusing them with interest.. some really cool stuff man!

i just got back from the 930 club.. i lost my phone there but they found it so i went to pick it up.. miracle..
miracle indeed.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #229 on: July 09, 2016, 01:38:17 pm »
yeah, right.

Try Amazon Locker
😐 🎶

« Reply #230 on: July 13, 2016, 04:22:33 pm »
another use for your turntable...hacking Pokémon go
slack

hutch

« Reply #231 on: July 14, 2016, 08:36:53 am »
I don't get it.

bob72

« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2016, 08:53:39 am »
when someone say's "it just sounds better on vinyl," this is why...

PENIS

bearman🐻

« Reply #233 on: July 16, 2016, 07:21:20 pm »

hutch

« Reply #234 on: July 16, 2016, 07:49:23 pm »
the upcoming teenage fanclub is available for pre-order...

signed vinyl available if you order from UK... if you order from US its unclear

gosh I really hope they play a show in DC or even Philly.. they are a band I have never seen but have enjoyed a lot... songs from northern britain is stellar.

hutch

« Reply #235 on: July 17, 2016, 07:51:47 pm »
Hole's Live Through This finally getting a reissue! I didn't buy it back in the day and balked at the high price on Ebay the past decade... but I'll be getting the reissue for sure...

they are reissuing everything....I have quite a few I need to pick up..

hutch

« Reply #236 on: July 17, 2016, 08:01:59 pm »
man sad to be Eric Erlandson... hawking your Hole stuff.. he's even selling Prince records... ugh... guess everybody needs the money.. one of the shirts is advertised for $1000 "as Kurt Cobain wore".. .ughh

I wish Hole would get back together with Eric and Patty and tour.. I'd check that out..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/moonspine/m.html?_trksid=p3692

bob72

« Reply #237 on: July 17, 2016, 10:59:03 pm »
I've always loved Hole, think Courtney is a great entertainer but she is by far one of the most despicable human beings. I've always been conflicted over this.
PENIS

hutch

« Reply #238 on: July 17, 2016, 11:27:30 pm »
I've always loved Hole, think Courtney is a great entertainer but she is by far one of the most despicable human beings. I've always been conflicted over this.

yes yes.. lots of hate..

I don't find her to be "one of the most despicable human beings".. and I'm not conflicted..

honestly, she's made mistakes but I'm not sure what she's done that is so terrible..... parading her daughter at the 1994 or 1995 show at then WUST was pretty bad... but "despicable"? no.. i wouldn't say that... the whole "she killed Kurt Cobain" is a really sad thing.. honestly, I just think whenever you get a strong woman like Yoko or even Hillary people just seem to pour on the hate...

I mean yeah she shouldn't have had so much plastic surgery.. but despicable? no....

by the way I assume everyone knows she's in the picture on the back of one of the early Grateful Dead records!

she's definitely an attention seeking whore... but despicable? no i don't see it..

did she rip off the baby doll look from kat bjeilland ....yeah probably.. but despicable? no i don't see it..

I guess I'm just forgetting all the really bad things Courtney did.... I guess she could have helped her image by not releasing the album one week after Kurt blew his brains out... but one week is not a long time to pull back.. I think her releasing the album and being everywhere after it came out.. touring... all the press about her and Evan Dando and whatever.. right after Kurt died.. well it rubbed people the wrong way.. I think a lot of the hate for her stems from that...

I was a huge Hole fan about 1994... everything she's done since then- with a few exceptions- has done nothing for me.. my personal theory was always that much like Bon Scott must have had a hand in Back in Black Kurt Cobain must have had a hand in Live Through This... we know Courtney was/is very driven when it comes to fame.. its not hard to imagine her wheedling a few songs out of Kurt...but the performances are hers and they are great... and its just a "theory" and does not seem to be substantiated by any actual facts... there were a lot of people involved in the recording, many with whom Courtney probably has had falling outs, many who would have reasons to grind an ax and say Kurt wrote it but nothing like that has happened.. everyone pretty much says it was Courtney and Eric who wrote it...

I guess she fought with her daughter... but they did make up... so despicable? no... don't see it...

she had a cat fight with Dave Grohl I guess... over media.. seemed like she said some really nasty stuff... bad...

Did she have a hand in publishing Kurt's diaries? if so I guess that was a bad thing to do...

I would say I'm having a tough time finding reasons to call her "despicable".. unsavory, yes....

I'm just sad she's frittered away her life!

« Reply #239 on: July 19, 2016, 09:51:29 am »
slack