Author Topic: Vinyl isn't dead yet...  (Read 266819 times)

vansmack

Re: Vinyl isn't dead yet...
« Reply #525 on: April 22, 2020, 01:59:59 pm »
Always thought that putting that Whole Foods at the end of Haight Street was a crime against humanity

I put that explicit fact in there specifically to get a rise, and I didn't expect it to be from you!
27>34

hutch

« Reply #526 on: April 22, 2020, 06:30:46 pm »
Everyone is going to find different gofundme requests appealing

Some of them definitely bug me...

I bought a record from Amoeba last week...Tricky’s Mixed Race LP...they handled everything well

For me personally I have two record stores in VA - CD Cellar a mile from me and Dig! in Leesburg that I am continuing to buy stuff from and am pretty sure both will make it

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #527 on: May 19, 2020, 10:58:08 am »
Whoa

The Story of the Grateful Dead. This 8 album, 14 disc set on colored 180g vinyl, cut direct-to-analog from original tapes, captures the breadth and influence of the great American rock band.

https://anthology.vinylmeplease.com/products/vmp-anthology-grateful-dead

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #528 on: May 19, 2020, 11:16:33 am »
Whoa

The Story of the Grateful Dead. This 8 album, 14 disc set on colored 180g vinyl, cut direct-to-analog from original tapes, captures the breadth and influence of the great American rock band.

https://anthology.vinylmeplease.com/products/vmp-anthology-grateful-dead
Gotta factor into the cost that’s it’s going to require at least $150 in doobies to make this unwashed set of hippies sound even remotely tolerable.

But for those who are wanting to take the plunge, there is no better place to get those doobies than TAKOMA WELLNESS, DCs family-owned and operated medical dispensary.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #529 on: May 19, 2020, 11:24:53 am »
Jerry Garcia would not recognize the business the Dead became

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #530 on: May 19, 2020, 12:01:20 pm »
Jerry Garcia would not recognize the business the Dead became

I have a feeling he wasn't hurting for money.

hutch

« Reply #531 on: May 19, 2020, 12:14:23 pm »
Yeah but when he was alive the Dead had like 3 live albums out and fans traded free tapes!

Now it’s like there are literally hundreds of shows - entire tours- and the vinyl stuff costs hundreds...it’s pretty nuts..

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #532 on: May 19, 2020, 12:26:12 pm »
I've never understood collectibles and memorabilia, but there's a ton of people who think its important. I'd much rather be on the revenue end of that market than the spendy side, though.

hutch

« Reply #533 on: May 19, 2020, 12:30:40 pm »
Are you in the collectibles business?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #534 on: May 19, 2020, 12:35:32 pm »
No, not at all. But most bands are.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #535 on: May 27, 2020, 01:06:04 pm »
I realize that I'm opening up a huge can of worms with this query, but as my better half said I'm currently paralyzed by choice....

I need a replacement cartridge of a Numark TT-1550 turntable.  It's pretty basic\middle of the road turntable and I'm planning on using it to possible do some live streaming. 

Any recommendations for a mid-range cartridge?  Ordering options other than amazon?  i.e. turntableneedles.com 

This is one case where I wish stereo stores still existed...  Brands, models anything anyone is pleased with performance of...
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #536 on: May 27, 2020, 01:18:15 pm »
You have a better half?

« Reply #537 on: May 27, 2020, 03:04:57 pm »
You have a better half?
I think he’s married to the Chipotle guy.
LVMH

« Reply #538 on: May 27, 2020, 03:10:21 pm »
slack

LVMH