Author Topic: Please refrain from wearing flip flops to work, it's ju  (Read 12491 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Please refrain from wearing flip flops to work, it's ju
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2005, 09:53:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  This arguement is as stupid as whether one should wear their collar up or down.

Personally, I love flip flops and have no problem at all with men who wear them. Sure there are ways of wearing them that are less fashionable than others but that can be said about any article of clothing. Also, there are times when wearing flip flops isn't the best choice of foot  attire.

When it comes down to it, I have more of a problem with those who nitpick on what everyone else wears than anything in particular that anyone wears.
dont you love joining stupid arguments and conversations??

Barcelona

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2005, 11:24:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  Actually, I can wear whatever the hell I want at my gov't office. I just choose to look respectable.

With an average of around ten posts a day on this board (and who knows how many on other boards), you'd better try to look "respectable" so that your coworkers think that you actually do something.

Who should care whether you go to work with shorts and sandals as long as you do your work?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2005, 11:36:00 am »
  Actually, I can wear whatever the hell I want at my gov't office. I just choose to look respectable.

My wife who works in private industry. on the other hand, just had a no jeans on Friday rule instituted by her new company president.

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  i tell you, its hard to post on here all day while stocking shelves

there are some private industries in the area that don't have dress codes. not everyone is as stuffy as the government
[/b]
i'd look out of place if i dressed much nicer than i do. most people are wearing shorts during the summer and some guys wear hats all day...which i would never do. i mostly wear casual golf or button down shirts
o/\o

Sir HC

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2005, 12:08:00 pm »
Last year I had a design review in San Jose.  Since this was the first face to face meeting with this customer, we dressed with ties and all that.  They were wearing polo shirts and kaki pants.  The customer said that we didn't have to so overdress like that for meetings with them, they dressed "casual".  They thought everyone on the east coast wore ties to work.  Little did they know that we thought they were overdressed for a normal work day.

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2005, 01:03:00 pm »

My wife who works in private industry. on the other hand, just had a no jeans on Friday rule instituted by her new company president.

But Rhett, what the public really wants to know about your conjugal relations is:

Is DP gay?

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2005, 01:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by amnesiac:
  Flip flops are pretty bad. Though not as bad as Teva sandals...
Whoever is stupid enough to shell out the huge amounts of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they charge for those Tevo's things deserve to be verbally abused anywhere they go, never mind the work place.

flawd101

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2005, 07:58:00 pm »
i hate it but i realized i have started to wear sandals with socks...let me explain...for baseball, you dont wear your cleats while driving or on pavement(the cleats are metal). so, you either wear shoes or sandals.  i choose sandels because they are easy and fit in my bag.  so, now i wear sandeals...but i hate not wearing socks...so i just got home from blockbuster and i of course felt retarded in my sandals...because i was to lazy to wear shoes...

wow, i jsut reread that and didn't get a thing...but im not going to try and make it readable...

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2005, 08:41:00 am »
Originally posted by flawd101:
  i hate it but i realized i have started to wear sandals with socks...let me explain...for baseball, you dont wear your cleats while driving or on pavement(the cleats are metal). so, you either wear shoes or sandals.  i choose sandels because they are easy and fit in my bag.  so, now i wear sandeals...but i hate not wearing socks...so i just got home from blockbuster and i of course felt retarded in my sandals...because i was to lazy to wear shoes...

What's a nice kid like you doing playing organized sports?  Shouldn't you be out getting loaded and breaking shit?

sonickteam2

« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2005, 09:08:00 am »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Last year I had a design review in San Jose.  Since this was the first face to face meeting with this customer, we dressed with ties and all that.  They were wearing polo shirts and kaki pants.  The customer said that we didn't have to so overdress like that for meetings with them, they dressed "casual".  They thought everyone on the east coast wore ties to work.  Little did they know that we thought they were overdressed for a normal work day.
its a wacky world we live in, aint it?

Bags

« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2005, 12:42:00 pm »
I've always been a Man Sandal disliker.  Just can't get in to it, except for Teva's or Reefs on the appropriate occasion (ie in the Bahamas or the Outer Banks).

Even as a chick, I only wear slides if my toes are appropriately pedicured.  Yucky feet are just so yucky!

I've found that my private industry companies have very strict dress codes.  No jeans ever, casual Friday isn't really all that casual, and suits are attire for the rest of the week.

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2005, 12:57:00 pm »

Chisai Fry

« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2005, 01:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fine French Chaz:

What's a nice kid like you doing playing organized sports?  Shouldn't you be out getting loaded and breaking shit? [/b]
Ok, but your shoe/sandal attire serves a function.  The guys in town here think it's hot. I don't usually nitpick about what people wear, but since this is the topic of discussion, I thought I would throw my useless two cents into the pot.  I did see a woman the other day wearing a bright orange halter top, while wearing what looked to be a 18 hour bra (with white stripes).  Now that's tacky.

flawd101

« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2005, 02:27:00 pm »
i'm a good kid...maybe i need to brag that i don't do drugs and shit more...

god, i hate those fucking people! yesterday i saw a similar thing but the girl had a bright green shirt...and those old lady flower pants...that look like they come in packs at the dollar store. i was amazed that she wasn't pregnant...

Sir HC

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2005, 03:32:00 pm »
  i'm a good kid...maybe i need to brag that i don't do drugs and shit more...

Shit more than who?

sonickteam2

« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2005, 03:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Chisai Fry:
   a 18 hour bra .
whats that?