Author Topic: Please refrain from wearing flip flops to work, it's ju  (Read 12489 times)

Re: Please refrain from wearing flip flops to work, it's ju
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2005, 03:37:00 pm »
I was wondering the same thing until i googled.

Originally posted by sonickteam4:

Originally posted by Chisai Fry:
   a 18 hour bra .
whats that? [/b]

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2005, 03:38:00 pm »

Originally posted by Chisai Fry:
   a 18 hour bra .
whats that? [/b]
Female counterpart for he 18 hour jockstrap.  I'm going on 72 hours in mine and feeling ffffrreesh!

sonickteam2

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2005, 03:40:00 pm »
18-hours jockstrap?  ok, i dont really wanna know what either of those are.

sonickteam2

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2005, 12:46:00 pm »
another reason not to wear flip flops, unless you're at the beach!

Baltimore police blotter.

Southeastern District

Purse Snatch: An unarmed suspect took the purse of a 28-year-old woman unloading groceries in the 1800 block of Gough St. about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday. Two men accompanying the victim chased the thief, but they were wearing flip-flops and quickly lost the robber. An MP3 player and a cell phone were in the purse.

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2005, 12:49:00 pm »
Perhaps they would have caught the robber if they were wearing 18 hour jock straps.

I feel sorry for these poor fools wearing long sleeves and ties in the 95 degree heat. Well, not that sorry.

another reason not to wear flip flops, unless you're at the beach!

Baltimore police blotter.

Southeastern District

Purse Snatch: An unarmed suspect took the purse of a 28-year-old woman unloading groceries in the 1800 block of Gough St. about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday. Two men accompanying the victim chased the thief, but they were wearing flip-flops and quickly lost the robber. An MP3 player and a cell phone were in the purse.

sonickteam2

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2005, 12:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:

I feel sorry for these poor fools wearing long sleeves and ties in the 95 degree heat. Well, not that sorry.

who are you referring to? what poor fools?

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2005, 01:01:00 pm »
All of these people I see going to work wearing long sleeve shirts, and sometimes ties and suits, on days like this. I know they're probably going to air conditioned offices, but it must be hell getting there. That's why God gave us the short sleeve shirt (even the polo shirt, as long as you don't have a white t-shirt showing beneath).

who are you referring to? what poor fools? [/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2005, 01:05:00 pm »
  All of these people I see going to work wearing long sleeve shirts, and sometimes ties and suits, on days like this. I know they're probably going to air conditioned offices, but it must be hell getting there. That's why God gave us the short sleeve shirt (even the polo shirt, as long as you don't have a white t-shirt showing beneath).

I wear a tie and long sleeve shirt at least 3 days a week. its really not so bad. esp at 7:30am when i go to work, its usually not hot at all.

vansmack

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2005, 01:07:00 pm »
  That's why God gave us the short sleeve shirt.

Bureaucrat.
27>34

amnesiac

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2005, 01:29:00 pm »
  (even the polo shirt, as long as you don't have a white t-shirt showing beneath).

*looks down at own shirt*

what? no good?

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2005, 01:38:00 pm »
Was just referencing a previous thread from long ago. Some people thought that look was tacky, others thought it was perfectly lovely.

Originally posted by amnesiac:

(even the polo shirt, as long as you don't have a white t-shirt showing beneath).

what? no good? [/b]

Bags

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2005, 01:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by amnesiac:

what? no good? [/b]
Depends....is your collar up or down, and how much product do you have in your hair?    :D

amnesiac

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2005, 03:21:00 pm »
Collar down, of course. And no hair product.

I actually do recall seeing the original thread now that you mention it. I guess it's just a habit - I always wear undershirts for pretty much everything except t-shirts.

Today's polo is white and rather thin. So the undershirt is pretty much necessary...

angelml

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2005, 04:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  This arguement is as stupid as whether one should wear their collar up or down.

Personally, I love flip flops and have no problem at all with men who wear them. Sure there are ways of wearing them that are less fashionable than others but that can be said about any article of clothing. Also, there are times when wearing flip flops isn't the best choice of foot  attire.

When it comes down to it, I have more of a problem with those who nitpick on what everyone else wears than anything in particular that anyone wears.
where is this thread about the collars up or down?  my friends have started asking random guys wherever we go why they do it and none of them seem to have an answer...at any rate, i'm sure the thread is quite entertaining...

oh and i agree with Bags on the pedicure thing...i'm for wearing flip flops if you want, but at least take care of your feet

ggw

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2005, 04:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by angelml:
 where is this thread about the collars up or down?  my friends have started asking random guys wherever we go why they do it and none of them seem to have an answer...at any rate, i'm sure the thread is quite entertaining...

Why do dudes wear crew neck t-shirts under polo shirts?