Author Topic: Michael Moore on Letterman  (Read 3612 times)

Michael Moore on Letterman
« on: June 19, 2004, 10:38:00 am »
He looked rather haggard.  He's gained weight again.  He must be a bit too stressed out from promoting his flick.  He deserves a long vacation at his manse in Upper Michigan.   I would sugest buying a carbon-fiber kayak for relaxation...he could afford it.

webjedi

Re: Michael Moore on Letterman
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 09:31:00 pm »
Yeah, he looked a lot worse than ususal. Interesting, even the right wingers have a site to monitor him: www.moorewatch.com

Anybody going to see the film on Friday when it opens at the AFI? I'mhitting the "almost midnight" showing at 11:45, just curious if anybody else is going to be there from the board.

I think it's a bit extreme, but oh well.

I was surprised that Los Lobos (at 9:30 Club on Thursday) were just playing a mellow song for the show. I saw them two years ago at the club and they were pretty good, just not much of a stage presence.

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 07:43:00 am »
Originally posted by webjedi:
  Interesting, even the right wingers have a site to monitor him: www.moorewatch.com

Wow...a new bboard to try!  Thanks.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 10:43:00 am »
i always wondered where the hfstival.com crowd went when they got bored..

dig those crazy consiperacy theories, and just how much stock can you put in a site that has no concept of how an ad campagin can be created before a film is rated and the lagtime in updating said ads.  of course it's just another case of moore "lying"  :roll:
T.Rex

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 12:23:00 pm »
Can anyone guess my screen name @ that bboard?

taylorjohnmark

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 09:41:00 am »
Some interesting columns on the film:

Ebert: http://www.suntimes.com/output/entertainment/cst-ftr-moore18.html

E&P: http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000536074

Personally. . . . I'm waiting anxiously for Spider-Man 2.

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 12:20:00 pm »
I am waiting for the remake of My Pet Goat:

Jerry Bruckheimer presents, a Michael Bey film.  Jet Li is My Pet Goat.  This film is not yet rated.

Bags

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 09:48:00 am »
Here's more fuel for the fire, for ggw...

Christopher Hitchens slams Moore's movie in Slate

Guiny

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 10:58:00 am »
I'm not wasting my money on that Jackass and his stupid film. I wish he would go to Saudi so they could kidnap his dumb@ss. Even if they beheaded him that still wouldn't shut him up.

taylorjohnmark

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 11:52:00 am »
Can't you see his fat head laying on the ground yelling "Shame on you Mr. President!" ?

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 12:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagalicious Tangster:

"In the interval between Moore's triumph at Cannes and the release of the film in the United States, the 9/11 commission has found nothing to complain of in the timing or arrangement of the flights."

Is there no one else but Moore upset about the quick Saudi flights out then?

taylorjohnmark

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2004, 12:44:00 pm »
You mean  these flights?

From Newsweek:

Saudi flights out of the United States. The movie claims that in the days after 9/11, when airspace was shut down, the White House approved special charter flights so that prominent Saudisâ??including members of the bin Laden familyâ??could leave the country. Author Craig Unger appears, claiming that bin Laden family members were never interviewed by the FBI. Not true, according to a recent report from the 9/11 panel. The report confirms that six chartered airplanes flew 142 mostly Saudi nationals out of the country, including one carrying members of the bin Laden family. But the flights didn't begin until Sept. 14â??after airspace reopened. Moreover, the report states the Saudi flights were screened by the FBI, and 22 of the 26 people on the bin Laden flight were interviewed. None had any links to terrorism.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2004, 03:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:

Originally posted by Bagalicious Tangster:

"In the interval between Moore's triumph at Cannes and the release of the film in the United States, the 9/11 commission has found nothing to complain of in the timing or arrangement of the flights."

Is there no one else but Moore upset about the quick Saudi flights out then? [/b]
i'm pissed noone got tortured. that's what every other country would do if they got attacked
o/\o

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2004, 07:51:00 pm »
just got back from seeing Fahrenheit 9/11 and have to say that i no longer support the current president...  and his own words and (in)actions did him in.

(i also notice that moorewatch.com is down, i wonder what they'll blame it on)
T.Rex

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2004, 10:59:00 am »
I wish that I could see it, but the vast right wing conspiracy has conspired to keep it out of Republican controlled area theatres, such as those in rural MD/DE.