Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2661782 times)

Starsky

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #10425 on: August 31, 2022, 06:26:00 pm »
Heedfest.  I am both dreading this and somewhat excited about it.  Assuming it will be like a GWAR show for me.  One time is enough.  But we'll see.

Wow it’s here! Nice!

Definitely jealous

Starsky

« Reply #10426 on: September 06, 2022, 07:56:35 pm »
Roxy Music Friday?

$9 nosebleeds on stubhub plus charges I think so based on my calculations if you buy two tickets in the 400s it works out to $16 per ticket

Will they free upgrade is the question ?

I guess I am spoilt but the 400s blow…and I am not good at moving down…I will get caught and busted! I think I look guilty of something bad…I blame my poor slouchy posture and the fact I am guilty of something bad

« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 08:15:54 pm by Starsky »

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #10427 on: September 06, 2022, 08:36:36 pm »
See Shame on Friday instead at Black Cat.

Roxy Music Friday?

$9 nosebleeds on stubhub plus charges I think so based on my calculations if you buy two tickets in the 400s it works out to $16 per ticket

Will they free upgrade is the question ?

I guess I am spoilt but the 400s blow…and I am not good at moving down…I will get caught and busted! I think I look guilty of something bad…I blame my poor slouchy posture and the fact I am guilty of something bad

Space Freely

« Reply #10428 on: September 06, 2022, 08:46:04 pm »
Waiting for the Roxy Music proces to go down more. Not afraid of nosebleed. Actually probably more into thr St Vincent set. Hope she gets decent set time.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #10429 on: September 07, 2022, 08:55:38 am »
Going to Roxy Music in my $500 seats and glaring up at you peasants.

Just got back from three weeks in Europe last night and let me tell you, I have zero desire to go to this show at this very second in time but we have another couple going with us so we cannot bail.
LVMH

« Reply #10430 on: September 07, 2022, 09:08:48 am »
Spiritualized
no opener and doors at 7, assume will start at 8pm sharp
seems kind of early to eat a handful of drugs
slack

« Reply #10431 on: September 07, 2022, 09:14:05 am »
I'm confused about Roxy...as I just looked at the Ticketbastard site...they have almost zero 400 seats for sale  (litterly only section 414 row G two seats)
the floor is nearly sold out too...which was not the case only a few weeks ago.  Maybe there was a massive marketing push to old white dudes??

I assume they upgraded people to lower seats
the venue looks 80% now...but I bet that's not really the case
They must have given out thousands of tickets to non-profits and such (who I'm sure were like, who the fuck is roxy music?)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 09:18:30 am by Special-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #10432 on: September 07, 2022, 09:18:15 am »

Just got back from three weeks in Europe last night and let me tell you, I have zero desire to go to this show at this very second in time but we have another couple going with us so we cannot bail.

Intolerable.

We will douse you with $14 beers

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #10433 on: September 07, 2022, 09:25:17 am »

Intolerable.

We will douse you with $14 beers
$14 beers? Do they sell half-size beers there now?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #10434 on: September 07, 2022, 09:37:29 am »
Spiritualized

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10435 on: September 07, 2022, 10:14:48 am »
I'm confused about Roxy...as I just looked at the Ticketbastard site...they have almost zero 400 seats for sale  (litterly only section 414 row G two seats)
the floor is nearly sold out too...which was not the case only a few weeks ago.  Maybe there was a massive marketing push to old white dudes??

I assume they upgraded people to lower seats,
the venue looks 80% now...but I bet that's not really the case
They must have given out thousands of tickets to non-profits and such (who I'm sure were like, who the fuck is roxy music?)

well they did have tickets up on Goldstar but they are now not available.  I was pondering going that route at the last minute, so I guess I have figure out the other resell sites now at the last minute.
T.Rex

« Reply #10436 on: September 07, 2022, 12:07:35 pm »
I just think there is zero chance ....even at a gold star discount, that Roxy sold 10k tickets in the last two weeks
slack

Starsky

« Reply #10437 on: September 07, 2022, 12:12:57 pm »
I heard More than this got played on some Netflix show and it drove ticket sales…. I hear a lot

The reality is the good tickets seem to be holding value and are hard to get

The 400s nobody wants and there are a shit ton on stubhub for $10

I would be fine paying $100 for a great seat up close. None available. No interest in seeing them from the boonies.

« Reply #10438 on: September 07, 2022, 03:25:21 pm »
I heard More than this got played on some Netflix show and it drove ticket sales…. I hear a lot
is that hutch's "people are saying"

maybe this Conversations with Friends • s1e9
but can't imagine that drove ticket sales(and it's on hulu)

this is kind of a cool site
https://www.what-song.com/song/230771/more-than-this
quite a few appearances in the last two decades (old dudes in charge of the music picks)

I have seen everything that Love Is the Drug was in ;)

I'm surprised how few shows the second most influential 70s British group appears in (Ted Lasso for the win again with two)
https://www.what-song.com/Artist/5608/Sex-Pistols
slack

Starsky

« Reply #10439 on: September 07, 2022, 03:49:07 pm »
Pretty much.

Oh and how many shows is the music of the VU featured in?

Also, influential in the UK….