Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2630647 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by BookerT:

Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  WTF? Lorelei and The Cannanes? why didn't you announce the show? :/

Lorelei are playing BC backstage in July.
i actually did announce it in the just announced thread a few months ago when it was, y'know, just announced. but it was probably quickly buried by something more important, like xneverwherex announcing a show by some band that nobody will care about in 3 weeks at some random venue in new york. [/b]
you, my friend, are a fucking genius. obviously - The Faint (which I posted about in May) which clearly had a DC date - and mention of Rob Dickinson (of the Catherine Wheel) specifically for bearman - is listing bands that are f'ing unknown.

im sorry that the faint is some hugely popular band from nebraska that missed your radar. if you ever properly read the thread/posts - you would notice that our dear friend sweetcell posts a bunch of shows in nyc.

on the otherhand, you are right. in threads titled 'this week rollcall' which you are posting in - but you probably didnt take the time to read it - i post what i am seeing. yes - i see a lot of british bands that prob will never make it in the states at some small clubs. and yes, i announce occasional shows that i think some people here might like so theyre aware of whats going on up here. (ive announced 2 shows on the just announced thread in over a month... so please get your facts straight - i HATE liars and more importantly assholes!)

and in general - i DO NOT post shows that only play NYC. I see no point unless i know some folks here might be interested in it.

sorry to take up precious space on a board by posting shows in the correct thread and contributing!

and thanks julian for calling me a bitch!
HeyLa

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2008, 12:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:

Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  WTF? Lorelei and The Cannanes? why didn't you announce the show? :/

Lorelei are playing BC backstage in July.
i actually did announce it in the just announced thread a few months ago when it was, y'know, just announced. but it was probably quickly buried by something more important, like xneverwherex announcing a show by some band that nobody will care about in 3 weeks at some random venue in new york. [/b]
That's some stinging shit right there! [/b]
dont worry - you might be next. you post a lot more shows than me of stuff he may not recognize - god forbid!
HeyLa

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2008, 12:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:

Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:

it was probably quickly buried by something more important, like xneverwherex announcing a show by some band that nobody will care about in 3 weeks at some random venue in new york.
Xneverwherex, he just torched your ass, bitch. He just torched it. [/b]
The use of bitch there is a bit much. Just sayin' [/b]
Well, I thank you for bringing your concern to my attention. If there's anything we pride ourselves on here at Certified WEBLEBRITY, LLC, it's sensitivity to our constituents feelings. Allow me to assure you, our use of the colloquialism "bitch" was not intended as an insult to the women of this board, as xneverwherex is not a female to the best of my knowledge. Rather, we were using "bitch" in the way Tina Fey used it to designated a "smart, sassy woman who gets things done." And, again, while xneverwherex is not a female (to the best of my knowledge), their insipid posting of out-of-town shows virtually no one cares about encapsulates that zeitgeist of bitchy insouciance   that defines the modern "bitch."

So again to clarify, and in summation, I am pro-women and anyone who wants to classify being likened to a woman as a negative comparison is the real sexist. And we have no place for such small-minded hate speech on this board.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2008, 12:20:00 pm »
HE MUST BE BANNED AS WELL!   :D  

Originally posted by xneverwherex:
   you would notice that our dear friend sweetcell posts a bunch of shows in nyc.

(_|_)

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2008, 12:21:00 pm »

it was probably quickly buried by something more important, like xneverwherex announcing a show by some band that nobody will care about in 3 weeks at some random venue in new york.
Well, I thank you for bringing your concern to my attention. If there's anything we pride ourselves on here at Certified WEBLEBRITY, LLC, it's sensitivity to our constituents feelings. Allow me to assure you, our use of the colloquialism "bitch" was not intended as an insult to the women of this board, as xneverwherex is not a female to the best of my knowledge. Rather, we were using "bitch" in the way Tina Fey used it to designated a "smart, sassy woman who gets things done." And, again, while xneverwherex is not a female (to the best of my knowledge), their insipid posting of out-of-town shows virtually no one cares about encapsulates that zeitgeist of bitchy insouciance   that defines the modern "bitch."

So again to clarify, and in summation, I am pro-women and anyone who wants to classify being likened to a woman as a negative comparison is the real sexist. And we have no place for such small-minded hate speech on this board. [/b]
xneverwherex IS a woman. which is why it was too much. it wouldn't have bothered me otherwise.
nothx

« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2008, 12:24:00 pm »
 xneverwherex IS a woman.
Well, I can assure you, in light of this new information, which I was previously unaware of, I am  deeply hurt by Tina Fey's rhetoric and I no longer consider her my cultural adviser.

Bags

« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2008, 12:27:00 pm »
I'm sure it's not surprising that I'm going to see Sloan at Black Cat tonight, and then catching them in NY on Friday.

sonickteam2

« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2008, 12:29:00 pm »
  xneverwherex IS a woman. which is why it was too much. it wouldn't have bothered me otherwise.
oh just drop it, bitch.

sonickteam2

« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  I'm sure it's not surprising that I'm going to see Sloan at Black Cat tonight, and then catching them in NY on Friday.
you are not allowed to talk about NYC on here anymore

bitch

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2008, 12:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:

oh just drop it, bitch. [/b]
seriously?
nothx

sonickteam2

« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2008, 12:39:00 pm »

oh just drop it, bitch. [/b]
seriously? [/b]
of course not seriously.

its just been a while since i heard someone use the word "bitch" to negatively describe a woman...and i suppose that didnt even just happen!

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2008, 12:42:00 pm »

So again to clarify, and in summation, I am pro-women and anyone who wants to classify being likened to a woman as a negative comparison is the real sexist. And we have no place for such small-minded hate speech on this board. [/b]
and again - please point out ON THE CORRECT THREAD - about my insipid posting of out of town shows. as i said again - the correct thread. the thread we are in now is NOT the correct thread. this is called 'this week rollcall'. this is what I AM SEEING this week! what do you care about who/what i see. last i checked most people see bands in places other than DC.

and please - do not point out things like the faint - this included DC dates. ill start you out 'rob dickinson of the catherine wheel' at mercury lounge. now you show me all the other ones, because honestly, id like to see them all. i dont have time for this - but apparently all of you have way too much time on your hands. or you do not know how to read and have not yet figured out this is not titled 'just announced'!  

and for the record - I AM A FEMALE! and i take offense to being called a bitch.
HeyLa

« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2008, 12:44:00 pm »
 of course not seriously.
Yeah, you better back track. She would've tore your pasty ass a new one had this Battle Royale went physical.

But seriously, I must ask MissP: people call you "pink taco" on here all the time and you seem, not only not offended, but to revel in said title, yet it's clearly an overwhelmingly degrading term for a woman. But "bitch", which is so watered down in this day and age, and rarely, if ever, used for the objectification of your gender at this point, is offensive to you. How do you rectify those two positions?

« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2008, 12:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  and for the record - I AM A FEMALE! and i take offense to being called a bitch.
Then for the record I apologize. I did not know you were a female, and I was not intending the word to be used as a slur for women, but rather the more generalized watered-down insult most people use the word as at current. (Similarly, if someone calls another person a "bastard," 99% of the time, they are not making implications about the person's parent's marital status at the time of conception.) Had I known you were female, I would not have used it.

Also, further for the record, I have been completely taking the piss in this thread today, and nothing I've said -- with the exception of this post, and the second half of my last post -- was at all intended to be taken as anything more then internet jocularity.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2008, 12:51:00 pm »

of course not seriously.
Yeah, you better back track. She would've tore your pasty ass a new one had this Battle Royale went physical.

But seriously, I must ask Nicole: people call you "pink taco" on here all the time and you seem, not only not offended, but to revel in said title, yet it's clearly an overwhelmingly degrading term for a woman. But "bitch", which is so watered down in this day and age, and rarely, if ever, used for the objectification of your gender at this point, is offensive to you. How do you rectify those two positions? [/b]
i'm not typically called a 'pink taco' on the board except by like one person and its a joke that stemmed from a username I MADE FOR MYSELF.

well jaron, it is different because YOU CALLED A WOMAN A BITCH IN  DEROGATORY MANNER. and someone who is very obviously a woman on this board. how you can say you didn't know is unknown to me. you weren't saying someone was being 'bitchy'... you actually called a woman a bitch. which is wherein i find the problem.

but if you stand by the fact that you did not know she was a woman, whatever.
nothx