Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2659737 times)

hutch

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #9330 on: August 23, 2018, 10:56:06 am »
Party at Ground Zero (FSS tonight)
New Order next week...man they couldn't sell out until a week or so ago...now tix are impossible to find even on the secondary market

they have not had a hit in nearly 25 years...even “Crystal” was not in the US...but in a way because so much modern music derives from new order (the next stepping stone after kraftwerk) their sound is so common now nobody hears the obvious links...My favorite band but moving 6000 tickets is not that easy for legacy acts....Nine Inch Nails tickets still available (and I know it’s two shows).

I know it may seem crazy but a band like Portugal the Man with that hit that was all over radio can move way more tickets faster than new order a pioneering band that established and popularized the template on which most modern rock is seemingly built....I see so many bands predicated on marrying digital programming with “live” sounds...bands nowadays are largely programmers fiddling with computers and synths to lay down a bedrock of dance rhythm over which they place a few choice live instruments...for a fascinating read into this process see Bernard Sumners’ Autobiography particularly from when they travel to NYC and get into the Danceteria scene and meet Arthur Baker and learning how to use sequencers (God the recounting of how him and Morris came up with Blue Monday is to die for...delish)....also towards the end of joy division when Bernard preferred to stay home and build early prototype synthesizers and fiddle with them....history of modern indeed

Waiting to see what they play tonight to see what set list might be but I suppose a lot of substance with some deep cuts and a song or two by joy division...(but “which” deep cuts is the question)

I am glad new order is playing anthem cause from the first few shows at anthem I thought the venue would be a great fit and vice versa....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 11:08:15 am by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #9331 on: August 24, 2018, 08:46:23 am »
Lordy last nights set....I just hope they repeat it

« Reply #9332 on: August 24, 2018, 09:03:20 am »
Lordy last nights set....I just hope they repeat it
although I'm hoping they play 5 less songs from Music Complete ;)
TBT, I've not even listed to it
slack

hutch

« Reply #9333 on: August 24, 2018, 09:04:43 am »
Dude it’s great!!!! Get on it....

« Reply #9334 on: August 24, 2018, 01:54:33 pm »
Dude it’s great!!!! Get on it....
I wanted to report back that I just got fired from my job...thanks Hutch!
put on Music Complete at the office and promptly went into deep REM sleep
slack

hutch

« Reply #9335 on: August 24, 2018, 02:32:30 pm »
ok Put substance back on...at least you will have five breaks to go to bathroom!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9336 on: August 26, 2018, 10:44:12 pm »
Hi everyone! anyone have any extras for New Order?

(o|o)

« Reply #9337 on: August 27, 2018, 09:20:16 am »

took three months to sell out and it seems like everyone and their brother is looking for a ticket now
Cheapest tix I've seen at this point are $117
slack

hutch

« Reply #9338 on: August 27, 2018, 09:31:44 am »
You have to think best bet - unless they release some tickets- will be on resale sites right before show but exercise caution....quite a few people come to shows with tickets they bought on resale sites only to find out ticket they bought has already been used by an unscrupulous reseller

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9339 on: August 27, 2018, 09:36:27 am »

took three months to sell out and it seems like everyone and their brother is looking for a ticket now
I just threw two up for sale in the ticket exchange if everyone's brother is still looking.
LVMH

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9340 on: August 27, 2018, 09:53:13 am »

I just threw two up for sale in the ticket exchange if everyone's brother is still looking.

Me! Me! Me!
(o|o)

« Reply #9341 on: August 27, 2018, 05:30:47 pm »
Price is going up..$183 on seatgeek for new order!!
slack

hutch

« Reply #9342 on: August 27, 2018, 06:22:54 pm »

You really get into it....

I would like a 50 page report by Friday: “The History Of New Order at Anthem Ticket Prices”

« Reply #9343 on: August 28, 2018, 09:01:58 am »
You really get into it....
I would like a 50 page report by Friday: “The History Of New Order at Anthem Ticket Prices”
it's exciting stuff! up to $200 this morning!
I'm still kinda shocked since it was not sold out for months
I'll see if I can create some good infographics for you

Edit...some better deals on CraigsList to be had...but that site sellers don't take their ads down, so hard to know what the actual supply is
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:11:41 am by SEA-hatch ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı »
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #9344 on: September 04, 2018, 11:09:06 am »
Chris Issak tonight, Jesus Lizard Thursday.