Author Topic: Best Restaurant EVER !  (Read 4572 times)

brennser

Re: Best Restaurant EVER !
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005, 05:45:00 pm »
my, my, what a wonderful little fact checker we are - you'll make a great research assistant some day Celeste!

Originally posted by Celeste:

Originally posted by brennser:
  someday, someday

although you could eliminate the cross country flight and just go to Per Se in NY

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  What about the French Laundry?
[/b]
that's per se [/b]

poultrynow

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2005, 05:52:00 pm »
Mandalay in Silver Spring. Burmese near downtown. $8 plates of curries, noodles, shredded papaya salads.  Yoowwza.

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2005, 05:54:00 pm »
Been there, done that. So-so food, zero ambiance.

Originally posted by poultrynow:
  Mandalay in Silver Spring. Burmese near downtown. $8 plates of curries, noodles, shredded papaya salads.  Yoowwza.

Celeste

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2005, 05:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by brennser:
  my, my, what a wonderful little fact checker we are - you'll make a great research assistant some day Celeste!

It's only fresh in my brain because I was just recently reading a NYC Zagat guide and they named that as one of the top to come out this year, or last year, whatever, and I noticed the weird lower case deal of the name...

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2005, 06:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  ok, ok, so we can all read Seitsema's column.  Woo-hoo.  Some of us read his chats too.  Huzzah.

Can't we talk about the things he never reviews?  Like, gee, food for thought has a great BBQ seitan samich.  Or, wow, that ethiopian place across 9th from 930 is actually quite tasty and has cheap pre-show beers.
sorry chimbly, didn't mean to offend ... i just booked a dinner and a room at that place and i wanted to see if people other than sietsema could offer an opinion ... thanks to those who did ...
(o|o)

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2005, 06:14:00 pm »
Suki took you up on your offer? Congratulations! I'm sure she will whip you into tip-top physical condition on no time!

Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:

Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  ok, ok, so we can all read Seitsema's column.  Woo-hoo.  Some of us read his chats too.  Huzzah.

Can't we talk about the things he never reviews?  Like, gee, food for thought has a great BBQ seitan samich.  Or, wow, that ethiopian place across 9th from 930 is actually quite tasty and has cheap pre-show beers.
sorry chimbly, didn't mean to offend ... i just booked a dinner and a room at that place and i wanted to see if people other than sietsema could offer an opinion ... thanks to those who did ... [/b]

Jaguär

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2005, 07:28:00 pm »
Apparently, the divorce is off!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2005, 11:07:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  Suki took you up on your offer? Congratulations! I'm sure she will whip you into tip-top physical condition on no time!

HAHAHAH HAHHAHAAHH hahahahha hah ha ha hm.

hilarious.
(o|o)