Author Topic: Best Restaurant EVER !  (Read 4571 times)

Best Restaurant EVER !
« on: March 23, 2005, 02:28:00 pm »

Re: Best Restaurant EVER !
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 02:38:00 pm »
My wife likes to feel my muscular thighs and tell me that I win the thighs-man award.

Sir HC

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 04:55:00 pm »
There has been one near me (Elkridge, MD) for about 8 years.  Pretty good food.  Haven't gone in years.  Maybe it is now closed.

brennser

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 05:16:00 pm »
we just made ressies for Restaurant Eve in Alexandria - yum...

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 05:17:00 pm »
has anyone ever been here?

http://www.laubergeprovencale.com/

sietsema gushed, so i think we'll be fine ...
(o|o)

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 05:21:00 pm »
What about the French Laundry?

brennser

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 05:34:00 pm »
someday, someday

although you could eliminate the cross country flight and just go to Per Se in NY

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:

brennser

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 05:35:00 pm »
never been - looks nice though.....

Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 06:28:00 pm »
rumour in this town of something somethings, and those who knew, but know far too much by blabbering on and on about this place called city zen.  in that crazy mandarin orange (and yes i know it's not really called that) hotel is where it is, and i've only read about the place in the last washingtonian mag., and heard so many "things" about a place that seems to be ratho pricey, even in my 'you pay for all play' philosophy.  are pricey places really that good.  is mcdonalds good.  (i love those chicken mcnuggets so much; i grew up on them.)  is miss marple going to get pissed that i'm not using question marks in my question mark sentences.  my personal favorite restaurant so far that i've ever had in my little ("what are you, like fifteen?") life, was in dc, and was from the willard room in the willard hotel.  i got some crazy price for a room there online, once, and got an upgrade room because the place was dead, and ordered room service because the room was the most awesome (and yes i said, "most awesome") thing i've ever seen.  if the food from that restaurant was that kongo killer for the simple act of room service, then they deserve Best Restaurant EVER.  they even got me to capitalize.

i'm waiting

walkonby

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 07:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:

this is a serious reply.  warning:  this is a serious reply.  i have to been to that horribly pronouncable place, which i refer to as the "la . . . whatever."  this is just based on my one time experience there, and that alone reflects this opinion.  The place fucking sucked, big time donkey kong, dude.  i have this feeling that their mixture of clientele are the local "unaccustomed to that form of fine dining," and city people, who are divided into two catagories when it comes to eating out:  tear the place apart with my, "been there and done that way better to the sexiest degree," attitude, and those who are just seeking out another restaurant to call their own as the needed, sought-out locale.  in other words, the staff was not friendly from top entrance to bottom departure, which makes you feel isolated in your restaurant table, to those whom your are with.  there is no, "wow, i feel like i can be in a comfortably good mood in this place."  then on top of that, you take the chance of getting the mean city folk eating while you are there, and the acoustics are incredible in the place, so you'll hear every, bloody complaint.  and they might be horribly drunk as well, and thinking they are all that, and a bag of fritos, i mean beluga caviar(in a bag, though?).  and on top of all all that, the food was hail to the thief, at best, and no o.k. computer.  the service was slow, but the setting and the drive is nice.  and as i said before, that was the one, and only, time i've been to that french disaster of an attempt.

jhw5g

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 02:40:00 pm »
HoyaSaxa03
 Member # 5229   posted 03-23-2005 04:17 PM
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wife and I ate there last year for our anniversary...unlike walkonby we had a top notch experience...perhaps we benefited from going on a Sunday night (only three other couples were dining).

Celeste

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 05:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by brennser:
  someday, someday

although you could eliminate the cross country flight and just go to Per Se in NY

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
[/b]
that's per se

jkeisenh

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 05:22:00 pm »
ok, ok, so we can all read Seitsema's column.  Woo-hoo.  Some of us read his chats too.  Huzzah.

Can't we talk about the things he never reviews?  Like, gee, food for thought has a great BBQ seitan samich.  Or, wow, that ethiopian place across 9th from 930 is actually quite tasty and has cheap pre-show beers.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2005, 05:33:00 pm »
been there done that...
_\|/_

walkonby

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2005, 05:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  ok, ok, so we can all read Seitsema's column.  Woo-hoo.  Some of us read his chats too.  Huzzah.

Can't we talk about the things he never reviews?  Like, gee, food for thought has a great BBQ seitan samich.  Or, wow, that ethiopian place across 9th from 930 is actually quite tasty and has cheap pre-show beers.
i was always so curious about that place across from the club.  tanks