Author Topic: Post-Punk mix cd giveaway at both 9:30 Interpol shows...  (Read 1189 times)

Reechard D Taylor

Post-Punk mix cd giveaway at both 9:30 Interpol shows...
« on: March 23, 2005, 02:56:00 pm »
Hey there,

Just wanted to let everyone know I will be giving away copies of a great post-punk mix cd outside the club shortly after both Interpol shows. The cd is a sampler of the kind of songs my friend Brandon and I spin at the Marx Cafe for "We Fought the Big One", our monthly music night that celebrates moody & strange post-punk, shoegaze and underground indie (and btw, the next "Big One" is next Friday, April 1st). It's the same mix we made for the 1-Year Anniversary party, and it contains many old tracks that have only been made available on vinyl. I'm hoping people that get the cd will be turned on to some bands/songs that they've never heard of before, as well as learn about a music night that plays this kind of stuff. Even if you have no interest in ever attending a "Big One" DJ event, the cd is still worth getting as it contains what are, in my humble opinion at least, some of the finest tracks from the post-punk/shoegaze scene from over the past 20 years.  Honestly, this mix is so good, it's my most listened to cd over the past two months.  Maybe it sounds crazy, but I feel like it's my moral duty as a music fan to share these amazing songs with as many people as possible.  I should have about 50 discs to giveaway at each show, so first come, first serve...

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Post-Punk mix cd giveaway at both 9:30 Interpol shows...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 03:04:00 pm »
sweet, i'll try to find you ... you'll be outside after the show?
(o|o)

Reechard D Taylor

Re: Post-Punk mix cd giveaway at both 9:30 Interpol shows...
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 04:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
  sweet, i'll try to find you ... you'll be outside after the show?
Yeah, I'll be right out front. It should be pretty easy to find me. As crowded as it will be, I'll probably stand out like a sore thumb being the only guy handing out free cds to everybody...