Author Topic: Loretta Lynn with the White Stripes  (Read 727 times)

Loretta Lynn with the White Stripes
« on: April 13, 2004, 12:46:00 pm »
...just heard one of the tracks off of the new album. Doesn't sound half bad, even with Jack White playing on it...

Itâ??s me again!  Hello, friends!

So many of you have been asking about when you can hear my new album.  Well, it's ready to go and will be in the stores April 27.  I'm so excited to tell you about it and can't wait for you to hear it.  It's called Van Lear Rose, which is named after a song about my Mommy that's on the album.  There's 13 songs and I wrote 'em all.  Can you believe that?   I'm so proud of it and I hope you love it as much as I do.

After my manager gave me The White Stripes album that they dedicated to me, we became fast friends.  I love both Jack and Meg.  They came out to the ranch for a visit and I cooked homemade bread and chicken n' dumplings.  We did a show together in New York City and soon after, me and Jack got in the studio.  We recorded it last June and September in Nashville and had such a great time making it.  I tell you that Jack White is quite a producer!

This album sounds a little different from my other ones.  You've got to have an open mind 'cause some of these songs have a rock 'n roll sound and the rest are just pure country.  I've always thought that a song can bring people together.  

I'll see you out on the road!

Love you,

Loretta Lynn