Author Topic: Walmart teams with Netflix  (Read 6265 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Walmart teams with Netflix
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2005, 02:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by sonickteam4:
  I'm no lawyer, but i do know how to change a toilet seat now....
How much to come change one at my place? [/b]
just bake me a cake, i love cake.

ratioci nation

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2005, 02:08:00 pm »
 Netflix is no longer "the little guy" so I'll go find the next little guy to support.
I think netflix used to direct people to bestbuy.com if they wanted to buy a movie.  Didnt that mean they have not been the little guy for a long time.  I dropped netflix months ago for other reasons and am now a blockbuster customer, and have no problem with  that, netflx could have kept me as a customer if they didnt penalize heavy users of their service

twelsh737

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2005, 02:09:00 pm »

i dont really see it this way. WalMart and Netflix teamed up, done. no conceding anywhere i dont think. Netflix is no longer "the little guy" so I'll go find the next little guy to support. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Actually they are cross-promoting. Its different then teaming up a la a merger or shared distribution channels. Renting a movie from netflix will do nothing to increase Wal-Martâ??s bottom line. The logical extension of your argument is that you would not do any business with any company that has any business dealings with Wal-Mart. I would suggest that if you are serious about not supporting Wal-Mart then you could not buy the products of any of the thousands of companies that give Wal-Mart huge purchasing discounts due to the volume that the chain buys. A short list would include just about every clothing, music, movie, electronics, and food products company that does business in this country. Good luck with that boycott. I think you would be better served rereading the news reports for a little more detail before you make such a hasty decision.

sonickteam2

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2005, 02:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by general grievous:

netflx could have kept me as a customer if they didnt penalize heavy users of their service
what'd they do? i noticed that the more movies i watched, the slower they seemed to arrive...izzat what you mean?

vansmack

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2005, 02:11:00 pm »
general grievous I haven't had the chance to compliment you on your screen name change.  Well done.
27>34

ratioci nation

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2005, 02:13:00 pm »
  what'd they do? i noticed that the more movies i watched, the slower they seemed to arrive...izzat what you mean?
yup, they slow you down if you get a certain amount of movies in a month or over several months, there are lots of websites about it, but not sure if anybody has figured out the actual formula, basically they knock you down on the processing priority list, and if two people want a movie they will give to the person who uses the service less

vansmack

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2005, 02:14:00 pm »
No, they posted his rental list on the front page one day, exposing his love of Bridget Jones' Diary, Fried Green Tomatoes, Steel Magnolias and talked about how he's had Beaches for 8 months and they want it back.
27>34

ratioci nation

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2005, 02:17:00 pm »
  general grievous I haven't had the chance to compliment you on your screen name change.  Well done.
are you saying that because of the theme or have you seen the name of the person who voices general grievous

sonickteam2

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2005, 02:18:00 pm »
  he's had Beaches for 8 months and they want it back.
:eek:   HAHAHAHA. everyone at my work is looking at me now...

ratioci nation

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2005, 02:19:00 pm »
  No, they posted his rental list on the front page one day, exposing his love of Bridget Jones' Diary, Fried Green Tomatoes, Steel Magnolias and talked about how he's had Beaches for 8 months and they want it back.
it wasnt beaches damnit, it was maid in manhattan, and they can never have it back!

vansmack

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2005, 02:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by general grievous:
 are you saying that because of the theme or have you seen the name of the person who voices general grievous
I was doing it based on the movie.  That is incredible!

I always wanted to be in a SW movie....
27>34

ggw

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2005, 02:20:00 pm »
I've never used Netflix and I've never shopped at WalMart, but I still want to say "yay for capitalism!!"

ratioci nation

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2005, 02:32:00 pm »
 I was doing it based on the movie.  That is incredible!

I always wanted to be in a SW movie....
I would never have seen it if Miss Markie wasnt such a dork that demands everybody stay until the credits have finished rolling

sonickteam2

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2005, 02:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I've never used Netflix and I've never shopped at WalMart, but I still want to say "yay for capitalism!!"
never ever shopped at Wal-Mart??? ever? man, you ARE the hippest of the hip!  i havent shopped there since about 1998, but i was guilty of the occasional Wal Mart purchases. never a regular though....i did used to steal stuff from there and return it.

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2005, 02:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
ggw buys all of his socks and paper towels from Barneys.