Author Topic: Paul Weller  (Read 24020 times)

poorlulu

Re: Paul Weller
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2003, 09:37:00 pm »
no the drunk guy was front and center.......and he was from landin mate innit........from the same town as paul.......god he was annoying i mean i'm up for getting drunk.........(as you all know) but why do it at a show that you really want to see and remember?  i doubt that bloke even remembers he was out last night.............<P>as for singing loudly and badly........that was probably markie............he is awful for that.......

markie

« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2003, 10:15:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by poorlulu:<BR><B><BR>as for singing loudly and badly........that was probably markie............he is awful for that.......</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>too right I hope I was the loudest person singing,<P>"<BR>Two lovers kissing amongst the scream of midnight -<BR>Two lovers missing the tranquility of solitude."<P>

arcane

« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2003, 10:36:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> too right I hope I was the loudest person singing,</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, I don't know if it was you or not (seeing as I don't know you).    <P>But, um, don't you think that's awfully rude to everyone else around you?  I sing along at shows too, and was singing along to practically every song last night, but I do it quietly enough that even someone standing right up against me wouldn't be able to hear it.  More of a mouthing the words and mentally singing along than actually singing.  Seems only right, seeing as I'm not the one on stage.<P>

markie

« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2003, 10:49:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arcane:<BR><B>  um, don't you think that's awfully rude to everyone else around you?  <BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hey its much better than:<P>1, talking all the way through a show<BR>2, pissing about with a mobile phone throughout the show.<BR>3, having a big smelly hippy follow you around at a show<BR>4, have a crowd at a show that is totally unresponsive to the effort the artist is putting into a performance.<P><BR>So in all I would say if that was your biggest problem with a show, you did alright.<P>The worst show for singign along I ever saw was The the about 8 years ago in Cambridge UK. the whole crowd sang along to every song. You could barely hear the band at all.<P>I can smile about it now, but at the time it was terrible.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2003, 09:15:00 am »
i was talking to a buddy in detroit and found out some of weller's dates were cancelled due to low ticket sales.<P>in detroit they actualled kept moving the show to smaller venues.  the last being a club the size (if not smaller) than the old black cat.  guess people don't appreciate good music anymore.
T.Rex