Author Topic: 3 Rivers arts festival in Pittsburgh  (Read 2589 times)

SPARX

3 Rivers arts festival in Pittsburgh
« on: May 22, 2005, 06:40:00 pm »
Anybody ever been to this.Drive By Truckers and Cowboy Junkies for free.Was wondering if anyone that has been there could give me a little input.I think I'm being roped in to attending.Gotta admit the price is right.Thanks:   http://www.artsfestival.net/festivalcal.html

grotty

Re: 3 Rivers arts festival in Pittsburgh
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 07:27:00 pm »
Whattya wanna know?

It's always very cool. The Arts Fest itself is nice, but the shows are the highlight.

They are held in a big park on the point - Point State Park. PSP is right downtown so there's lots to do before/after & plenty of places to stay. The Hilton Hotel is literally at the entrance to the park.

It's a pretty casual event. If you are discreet it's easy to bring in a little wine/beer. Get there early & throw down a blanket. The last few years - we got there 2 hours before & could get as close to the stage as we wanted for Wilco.

I'll be there for DBT for sure. Maybe a few others (Aimee Mann)

SPARX

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 07:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by The Artist Formerly Known As grotty:
  Whattya wanna know?

It's always very cool. The Arts Fest itself is nice, but the shows are the highlight.

They are held in a big park on the point - Point State Park. PSP is right downtown so there's lots to do before/after & plenty of places to stay. The Hilton Hotel is literally at the entrance to the park.

It's a pretty casual event. If you are discreet it's easy to bring in a little wine/beer. Get there early & throw down a blanket. The last few years - we got there 2 hours before & could get as close to the stage as we wanted for Wilco.

I'll be there for DBT for sure. Maybe a few others (Aimee Mann)
Thanks.If I'm at the downtown Ramada,am I within walking distance of the music? Any interesting activities you know about for Sat. afternoon would be appreciated as well.Looks like I'll be there for the w/end.

pip

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 10:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:
 Thanks.If I'm at the downtown Ramada,am I within walking distance of the music? Any interesting activities you know about for Sat. afternoon would be appreciated as well.Looks like I'll be there for the w/end.
If you've never been there before, you should head over to The Warhol Museum. There's almost always something interesting going on there and it's a pretty short walk from downtown. Walk across any of the bridges to the Northside and it's a couple of blocks away.

SPARX

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 10:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by pip:

Originally posted by SPARX:
If you've never been there before, you should head over to The Warhol Museum. There's almost always something interesting going on there and it's a pretty short walk from downtown. Walk across any of the bridges to the Northside and it's a couple of blocks away. [/b]
Great suggestion! I always forget that's there when I'm in Pittsburgh.That'll fit perfectly.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 10:01:00 am »
i'd recommend hitting a pirates game.  it's just across the river from PSP, and is the best stadium in baseball.
OU812