Author Topic: How stoked do you think "Melomane" is right no  (Read 1954 times)

freakoretardo

How stoked do you think "Melomane" is right no
« on: October 19, 2006, 04:10:00 pm »
Getting to play to a more than likely paked to the gills 9:30 Club tonight..... Gig of their lives, no doubt. Whoever they are.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: How stoked do you think "Melomane" is right no
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 05:04:00 pm »
unless they're on the tour with wilco, in which case they probably get this treatment every night...

i imagine that a lot of people will show up early to get a good spot, so melomane (whoever they are) should have a decent crowd to play to.
<sig>

amnesiac

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 05:14:00 pm »
I don't think they're touring together. Their  Myspace headline reads "Melomane plays with WILCO Oct 19!" which leads me to believe that this is a one-off thing.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 06:07:00 pm »
Well who ever they are they need to learn how to properly use a spell checker... And I know it use to be a badge of coolness to be big in France and unknown in the US but Germany?

Sometimes it's just when you give up that everything goes your way. That can definitely be said of New Yorks Melomane, an experimental-rock art-pop ensemble often compared to a heavier Belle and Sebastian or Calexico meets Roxie Music. Melomane have been together eight years and released three albums, with most of their support coming from Germany.
T.Rex

tigersscareme

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 09:50:00 am »
i thought they were.....um....not good.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 09:56:00 am »
I actually thought Melomane were pretty good last time I saw them, admittedly a long time ago, at the Velvet Lounge.  I know it's tradition to harsh on the opening band, but I thought they deserved that slot.
_\|/_