Author Topic: why you gotta be disrespecting blacks Imus!!!!  (Read 26511 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: why you gotta be disrespecting blacks Imus!!!!
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2007, 08:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:
 a)  this is such a canard, that you shouldn't be talking about sports unless you played them

b)  jason whitlock was an offensive tackle in high school and college
CANARD!  One of my favorite words.  Also used in the title of a song by one of the best musicians of all time.  "Canard du Jour".  I'll leave you to figure out of whom I speak.
FUKIT

bull930

« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2007, 08:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by DriveWay:

Originally posted by bull930:

Originally posted by Buck Satan:

How come no one ever brings up the movie "White Chicks?"
Because they are making fun of white people, that is allowed. [/b]
It is about context! They did it to be comical, because they are comedians. Don Imus is not!! [/b]
So... If a bunch of white guys got together, dressed up as black chicks and embraced all of the stereotypes of black women and called it a "comedy," it would acceptable?  Somehow, I'm sure Al Sharpton wouldn't agree with you...  

Does the NAACP get involved when African Americans are "racist" toward other ethnicities?  I haven't researched this, I'm actually curious. [/b]
You should produce this! If it is funny and has meaning.

bull930

« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2007, 08:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by Dupek Chakra:

Don Imus is going down.  
On your mama. [/b]
And that's where she likes it!!!

bull930

« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2007, 08:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:

Don Imus is going down. You must pay for what you say. When you spew hate, this is what happens.
You seem a bit of a racist to me actually, because you're going way over the top over this in my opinion. I wonder if some black commentator had said exactly the same thing you'd be going for the jugular with the same enthusiasm?

My mother always said, "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" and that's how I feel to be honest.

BTW...I didn't know who the hell this Imus character was before this bru-ha-ha, so CBS got mission accomplished if you ask me. PUBLICITY BABY!!!! [/b]
I think it doesn't matter of color but context and how harsh it was!

sonickteam2

« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2007, 09:30:00 pm »

Originally posted by le sonick:
  speaking of sports dweebs

whom i find rather funny because none of these guys actually played sports and really only exist so people can walk around their offices and bars acting like they watch sports all the time when really they just listen to some other guy who perhaps did spout his opinion on the radio,
a)  this is such a canard, that you shouldn't be talking about sports unless you played them

b)  jason whitlock was an offensive tackle in high school and college [/b]
thats not really what i said...just differentiating them from the ex-player announcers.  you have to admit that an ex-player would be more in touch with things and have more knowledge than someone who hadnt.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2007, 09:07:00 am »
  b)  jason whitlock was an offensive tackle in high school and college
Actually, he blocked in high school for Washington (among other teams) QB Jeff George.  I loved Jeff George.  What a arm!

Brian

bnyced0

« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2007, 09:51:00 am »
  Oh I'm sure they'll keep it going if they can find another white person to go after.

We all know the agenda they've got.
I think that's a little simplistic, the agenda they're after from my perspective is promoting themselves.  What agenda are you referring to?  Be careful, I don't want to lump you into Bull930 territory.

RonniStar

« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2007, 10:36:00 am »
Originally posted by RatBastard:

Imus was fired by CBS.
As of this morning he was fired by NBC and suspended for two weeks by CBS....has that changed? Either way it won't have any impact on my life whatsofrigginever seeing as I don't even know what channel or what time he was on anyway... [/b]
Yeah it was announced a little while ago that CBS dropped his radio show.

Now hopefully those who have spent so much energy and effort on him personally will move onto working to get others in the media who use the same language out of their jobs as well.  One perfect place to start is to have Misters Sharpton, Jackson, and others start national boycotts against recording 'artists' who do nothing but foster and promote the use of this racist and hateful language on a daily basis.  If they have the courage and moral fiber to do the right thing, they will continue the fight against racism by such efforts.  If they do NOT move on with this and use the same effort to curtail this use of racist language then they are showing themselves to be nothing more than people who are 100% self serving who have a vested interest in sustaining racism so they have a soap box to stand on.  The ball is squarely in their court. [/b]
How about going after the record labels that push this crap! They're making the buck off this stuff. So, they need to call out for that. BTW, the majority of hip-hop buyers are white. Something the mainstream media must have forgotten in this whole Imus controversy.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2007, 10:50:00 am »
Originally posted by bnyced0:

Oh I'm sure they'll keep it going if they can find another white person to go after.

We all know the agenda they've got.
I think that's a little simplistic, the agenda they're after from my perspective is promoting themselves.  What agenda are you referring to?  Be careful, I don't want to lump you into Bull930 territory. [/b]
We're on the same agenda wavelength

« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2007, 10:51:00 am »
When people say "the majority of hip hop buyers are white", what is supposed to be surprising about that? Most Americans are white. If you told me that most hip hop buyers in Kenya are white, then I'd be surprised.

« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2007, 10:52:00 am »
Probably playing the hip hop too loud in the SUV.

CAMDEN, N.J. - New Jersey Gov. Jon S. Corzine was in critical condition Friday but expected to recover after his SUV crashed into a guard rail while heading to a meeting between Don Imus and the Rutgers women's basketball team.  
 The crash on the Garden State Parkway broke the governor's leg, six ribs, his sternum and fracturing a vertebrae. Authorities were still searching for a pickup truck driver whose actions were blamed for causing it.
 Corzine, 60, won't be able to resume his duties as governor for several days, if not weeks, and he won't walk normally for months, Dr. Robert Ostrum said performing surgery on the governor Thursday night at Cooper University Hospital.
 Fortunately, Corzine did not suffer any brain damage in the crash, the doctor said.

TheDirector217

« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2007, 11:13:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  When people say "the majority of hip hop buyers are white", what is supposed to be surprising about that? Most Americans are white. If you told me that most hip hop buyers in Kenya are white, then I'd be surprised.
That is quite true.  For YEARS now, 70-75% of the hip-hop CD buying public is definitely white.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2007, 11:20:00 am »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:

That is quite true.  For YEARS now, 70-75% of the hip-hop CD buying public is definitely white. [/b]
That's hardly surprising seeing as for many years the best rap artist was a white guy.  ;)

TheDirector217

« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2007, 11:26:00 am »

Originally posted by TheDirector217:

That is quite true.  For YEARS now, 70-75% of the hip-hop CD buying public is definitely white. [/b]
That's hardly surprising seeing as for many years the best rap artist was a white guy.   ;)  [/b]
You're right. Vanilla Ice in his prime was quite a captivating artist.    ;)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2007, 11:53:00 am »
Hey....you lot took over Golf with Tiger and Vijay so we thought we'd take rap music from you!!!  :)

Of course the jews and Irish dominate comedy with Whoopi GOLDBERG and Eddie MURPHY!!  :D