Author Topic: Virginia Or South Of DC Rollcall!!!  (Read 7648 times)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Virginia Or South Of DC Rollcall!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 03:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguar:
  Good!!! But Julian, aren't you in Detroit now? Or was that just temporary?
I was there for about 6 months for work. I'm back around Richmond. Thanks for paying attention when I said I relocated though!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 03:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by tinygee:
  how much time was between the first shootings at the dorm and the shootings on campus??? and arent the two locations on complete opposite sides of each other on campus? so how was the this kid not spotted running from first to second site, i really think that he had partners, anyone else??
There was about 2 hours inbetween and a quarter of a mile.

No clue why not more of a lockdown/warning.

eros

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 03:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by tinygee:
  how much time was between the first shootings at the dorm and the shootings on campus??? and arent the two locations on complete opposite sides of each other on campus? so how was the this kid not spotted running from first to second site, i really think that he had partners, anyone else??
Yeah, something about this story doesn't add up.  If it really was a single guy and he made it across the campus then the university and the police have some explaining to do.
ʎɐʍou

vansmack

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2007, 03:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by eros:
  Yeah, something about this story doesn't add up.  
Which is why I wouldn't start speculating....
27>34

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2007, 03:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Which is why I wouldn't start speculating.... [/b]
Which is why you are on the lawyer side. Some of us prefer to think like detectives.   ;)  

While I've heard that the two locations were on opposite sides of the campus, I don't know the layout of the place. Assuming it's the same guy, could he have hopped in a car and just driven over? Think in terms of parking slots, not necessarily assigned student spaces. Remember, this guy wasn't playing by the normal rules of society.

Also, most of these people on the campus aren't use to this kind of drama and weren't by any means expecting anything like this to happen. It's not like they were on the look out for anything out of the norm. Even if they saw something a bit odd, they probably didn't have any reason to think much about it. They were still just dragging their butts out of bed and worried about getting to class on time and not get blown away by the wind in the process. They weren't suspecting that it might be in some other manner. On top of that, it's not like most, or even any, are trained in what to do in this kind of a situation. The most they had in their favor was to call 911 on the many cell phones around which were probably already jammed by then.

vansmack

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2007, 04:09:00 pm »
  Which is why you are on the lawyer side. Some of us prefer to think like detectives.
Actually Jag, this is much worse for me.  I am a University Administrator and part of a Crisis Response and Aversion Team.  We talk about these scenarios all the time, always hoping that they never happen.  We run small cities (25K students, 3-4K staff and faculty), but with much more densisty, the majority of these "people" in our "city" just finding out who they are in this world.  When parents drop their 18 year old kid off for the first day of school, the first time they are venturing out from their paretns nest, the first thing they say is "keep my kid safe" and then they say "and give them a good education."

No matter how these facts are finally played out, whether culpable of anything or not, many of the Adminstators will blame themselves for not keeping the kids safe.  I know I would, and wouldn't even have been at work at 7:15 when it started.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2007, 04:17:00 pm »

Originally posted by vansmack:

Which is why I wouldn't start speculating.... [/b]
Which is why you are on the lawyer side. Some of us prefer to think like detectives.    ;)  

[/b]
In true lawyer fashion smackie is already thinking up some catchy rhyme to get the scumbag off "If the glove doesn't fit.........."

"There was no time to walk so my client must walk"

The fact he's dead is irrelevant to a lawyer, it's all about the billing hours baby!!!!!

Seriously though, it just doesn't seem to add up to me either, over 30 dead from one operative??? And there were three bomb scares in the last couple of weeks, I'd be very surprised if they aren't connected.

eros

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2007, 04:18:00 pm »
 Also, most of these people on the campus aren't use to this kind of drama and weren't by any means expecting anything like this to happen. It's not like they were on the look out for anything out of the norm.
Maybe this is why I'm concerned more action wasn't taken sooner
ʎɐʍou

Jaguar

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2007, 04:20:00 pm »
To Smackie:

Very true, and that gives me a lot more understanding of why you are reacting the way that you are. The captain of the ship and his/her crew have to do what they can to keep order in the mist of chaos and they too don't always know how to behave even if well trained in the oft chance.

To Mankie:

Yeah but then again, back to my original statement, a good lawyer must also think like a detective in order to piece a case together, be it for the best outcome or not.

To Eros:

As creepy as that is, some of these kids were not students at this campus yet. Besides, it all comes off like an isolated incident. Until today.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2007, 04:27:00 pm »

Also, most of these people on the campus aren't use to this kind of drama and weren't by any means expecting anything like this to happen. It's not like they were on the look out for anything out of the norm.
Maybe this is why I'm concerned more action wasn't taken sooner [/b]
I'm confused, is this the gunman today?

Jaguar

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2007, 04:33:00 pm »
No, different incident, Mankie. Skim through the article and you will see a date.

The one caveat that would throw off my theory are the bombing threats. I have no idea how well informed the students were about that. But knowing how the school system that I use to work for was, they were masters at keeping it all hush hush even when bells should have been going off. I won't elaborate here but it's all a tough call as to what may have happened without more details.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2007, 04:35:00 pm »

To Mankie:

Yeah but then again, back to my original statement, a good lawyer must also think like a detective in order to piece a case together, be it for the best outcome or not.

A lawyer doesn't and shouldn't think like a detective because a lawyer is not interested in the truth or justice. A lawyer is only interested in the best outcome for his/her client, and if that means getting OJ off, then so be it.

Anyway, back to topic.....I hope to God the death toll has at least stopped. I can't help but think this is a well planned team effort and not the work of a madman or crazed jilted lover as some reports are saying.

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2007, 04:36:00 pm »
No, todays gunman was Asian.

Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:

Maybe this is why I'm concerned more action wasn't taken sooner [/b]
I'm confused, is this the gunman today? [/b]

Barcelona

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2007, 06:23:00 pm »
Horrible, imagine those young students with the whole life in front of them. Terrible.

flawd101

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2007, 06:45:00 pm »
the one name released...he was to graduate this spring with 3 degrees.

supposedly the call was orginally taken as a kid falling off of his loft.  
 the killer supposedly was wlooking for his girlfriend.  so the two hours inbetween he left then ment to go find her in class.  thus the two hour delay between shootings.  the walk is about 10 minutes so it is thought he blended back in and just waited.  4th floor west aj is male.  the cops did what they could but no one could have possibly seen this coming.