Author Topic: My Bloody Valentine news  (Read 2805 times)

Bombay Chutney

Re: My Bloody Valentine news
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 01:13:00 pm »
Re: Fleeting Joys

Thanks for the reminder.  A friend of mine turned me on to them late last year, but they fell off my radar when I discovered the cd was already sold-out.   I need to try to track that down again.  The MBV influence here is undeniable.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 04:24:00 pm »
Bearman and Bombay Chutney, if you can, tune in to a special 1 hour radio show of mine at 10:00PM on Monday night (1/22). I was asked to do a show  for a different station and will let you all know more later. Anyway, just a little spoiler here; both The Daysleepers and Fleeting Joys will be played within the show. I've got some Hearts Of Black Science in there too for those who need their Swede fix.

bearman🐻

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 09:30:00 pm »
Jaguar, what's the deal with the Daysleepers? Where are they from? Are they still around? Thanks!

Jaguar

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 03:42:00 am »
The Daysleepers are what some call a Nu-Gaze band from Buffalo, New York. They have 2 EPs out to date with a full length on its way sometime this year. As of now, Tonevendor is the best place to buy their music. No real touring yet and most live gigs have been in their home area. We keep pushing Jeff to get his ass down here and in other Daysleepers friendly neighborhoods. Right now, they are concentrating on getting the full length out.

Sometime closer to Monday I'll post info on how to hear my show which contains one of their songs. You might like Fleeting Joys too along with a few other songs I'm playing. It's only a 1 hour show so I could only load it up with so much. There are other Daysleepers songs on my shows at Kool Rock too. You can get more info at my Trans-Atlantic Underground profile.

aniym

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 12:36:00 am »
You guys need to listen to Lovesliescrushing's first two albums (Bloweyelashwish and Xuvetyn) to get your post-Loveless fix. also In The Presence of Nothing by the Lilys. And the Angel Pool by The Autumns.

Jaguar

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 07:03:00 am »
originally posted by aniym:

You guys need to listen to Lovesliescrushing's first two albums (Bloweyelashwish and Xuvetyn) to get your post-Loveless fix. also In The Presence of Nothing by the Lilys. And the Angel Pool by The Autumns.
All good choices! But to be honest, knowing this board, I think the average forum member here would be bored to tears with Loveliescrushing. A few might be able to handle Scott's other projects, STAR and Astrobrite but Llc is just way too ambient for some of these people. But there are a few whom I think would like it. More laid back in sonic space than Flying Saucer Attack if that means anything to those who aren't familiar with Loveliescrushing.

I would suspect that of those you mentioned, The Autumns would be much more 9:30 board friendly with Lilys running neck in neck.

Thank God there is another shoegazer around here!    :D      ;)   Stick around.

bearman🐻

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 10:10:00 am »
Whatever happened to the Autumns? I saw them once at the Metro Cafe...decent show, and I really liked "the Angel Pool".

aniym

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 06:08:00 pm »
The autumns are still around. They recorded 'In the Russet Gold of this Vain Hour' in 2000 and a self-titled record in 2004. They tend to play a lot of shows on the west coast, probably because their budgets don't allow for shows around here.

Wasn't too thrilled with the 2004 album. 2000's one was alright, but they've pretty much abandoned the shoegazer sound for a more sweeping pop sound.

Also, Asobi Seksu played the Rock N Roll Hotel last night. I had to suffer through 2 completely mismatched opening acts, but I guess Asobi were pretty good. The soundboard guy didn't really seem to get that the guitarist's effects pedals were definitely going to drown out the keyboards and Yuki's vocals, so that kind of sucked.