Author Topic: French Kicks and Calla Saturday  (Read 2560 times)

Bags

French Kicks and Calla Saturday
« on: March 24, 2005, 05:18:00 pm »
Is anyone heading to this one?  I'm interested to hear the French Kicks -- one of those bands I kept reading about, but never picked up an album.

Re: French Kicks and Calla Saturday
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 05:32:00 pm »
We'll be relaxing after a 7 mile run, and working in the yard all day.

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 05:37:00 pm »
do you have to answer to every thread, even if it doesnt apply to you?

i wanna go to see Calla, but i am sure it will sell out by the time i get there.  

but i may just go down anyway.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 05:39:00 pm »
Why not? Was the question addressed to someone or some board subgroup that I'm not a part of?

I haven't posted on that dorky office space thread yet.

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

i wanna go to see Calla, but i am sure it will sell out by the time i get there.  

but i may just go down anyway.

nkotb

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 05:40:00 pm »
Thank god someone finally brought it to our attention, as Rhett is the only one guilty of that crime...

Originally posted by sonickteam2:

ratioci nation

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 05:44:00 pm »
I probably wont go, but really like Calla and have seen them 3 times, they were bad the 2 times I have seen them at the 9:30, and very good the 1 time at the Black Cat, so they may be good saturday

brennser

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 05:47:00 pm »
well he's probably trying to hit the 10,000 post mark before the end of the day

Do you have to answer to every thread, even if it doesnt apply to you?

amnesiac

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 05:51:00 pm »
Since Interpol's an early show, I'm hoping to catch Calla afterwards. Anyone know what time Interpol will end? Last time they only played for about an hour...

shoot ur shot

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 06:38:00 pm »
ya how are Calla? I'm interested only because they're on Young God records. However, French Kicks do nothing for me so I'll be bowing out of this event. 611 Florida is where it's at on Saturday anyways.

Jaguär

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 07:38:00 pm »
Personally, I can't stand French Kicks in the very least. Saw them open for Idlewild at Fletcher's a year or two ago and could not wait for them to get off stage! Never liked their recorded works either and after seeing them, I liked them even less. However, there are some here who like them both live and recorded.

Have seen Calla twice and the first time was very rough and kind of dull. Also with one less guitar player. They were still a very new band at the time and you could see it and hear it in their performance. I wanted to like them so badly because I loved their recorded works.

The next time I saw Calla, they had added another guitar player which they sorely needed to help fill out their sound. This time they sounded so much better and were much more confident and more professional sounding. I liked their performance a lot but wouldn't say they were best of year or anything like that.

Actually, I'd love to go see Calla but, unfortanetly, can't do anything that evening in DC because of having to get up early the next day and hike it all the way up to my parents place for Easter Sunday and my mother's birthday.

sonickteam2

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 07:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  hike it all the way up to my parents place for Easter Sunday and my mother's birthday.
you should take Rhett and Celeste. they love to hike and run and do nature stuff....

Dandy01

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 07:47:00 pm »
I've been looking forward to seeing Calla, I enjoy their atmospheric rock and I hope they do Strangler this time and not 'giving it a rest,' as Aurelio last told me.  Will miss you Jag.  Never seen French Kicks but didn't mind the tv performance I caught.

poorlulu

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 07:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  Personally, I can't stand French Kicks in the very least. Saw them open for Idlewild at Fletcher's a year or two ago and could not wait for them to get off stage! Never liked their recorded works either and after seeing them, I liked them even less. .
oh yeah i remember that show........and i agree with you jag they were a bit cheesy.