Author Topic: Rufus  (Read 2772 times)

chokeychicken

Rufus
« on: September 22, 2005, 01:52:00 am »
How fast will this show sell out? Did his show with Ben in the summer sell out..?  Trying to figure out how long I have to buy these tickets, and if I have time to wiat for my next paycheck.  Any help is appreciated!

CookieMnstr

Re: Rufus
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 03:13:00 am »
His show with Ben only sold out in the final weeks.   You've probably got some time.  But you might want to check on the FAQ and see in a week or two how fast the tickets are going.

Bags

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 10:13:00 am »
I'm trying to gauge this one as well, as I'd love to see Ok Go...

thirsty moore

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 10:26:00 am »
I was over at Bar Pilar last night talking with the bartender there.  Apparently he was/is the keyboardist for OKGO.

Bags

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 10:27:00 am »
Originally posted by econo:
  I was over at Bar Pilar last night talking with the bartender there.  Apparently he was/is the keyboardist for OKGO.
Did you tell him I love him/them?

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 10:36:00 am »
Just wanted to chime in and say I love Bar Pilar... Such a great addition to that block.

Sage 703

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 10:38:00 am »
yeah, is Bar Pilar a cool place?  I haven't been in there yet, but it looks kind of trendy-ish.  Not so?

thirsty moore

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 10:47:00 am »
I like it.  Most bars during the week are good in my book.  Stay away on weekends.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 11:10:00 am »
Originally posted by callat703:
  yeah, is Bar Pilar a cool place?  I haven't been in there yet, but it looks kind of trendy-ish.  Not so?
no, it's not too trendy-ish, it has a great long bar, a nice plasma screen, and .... tots!!

good laid-back vibe, especially on weekdays
(o|o)

Bags

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 12:54:00 pm »
  I like it.  Most bars during the week are good in my book.  Stay away on weekends.
You've said it all...even Local 16 is bearable during the week.   ;)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 06:22:00 pm »
i thought that guy that worked at the black cat was ok go's old keyboardist?  
 or, at least, he DID work at the black cat...

i really hope i can have a couple of days to buy tickets and that this doesn't sell out on me, as ok go is one of my top ten favorite bands probably, and one of my top five favorite live bands.  i love rufus too; if all goes well, this will be my third rufus show.  he is just marvelous   :)  

ok go has a lot of ties here though.
 i'm not positive, but i do believe that damian did grow up in the area...?
 i just remember one time i was wearing my ok go shirt.  in one day, i found out that my friend jamie's father is like damian's dad's best friend, that some other kid at my school's cousin was their old guitarist andy duncan, and then another time my friends older brother mentioned something about knowing damian from high school or something like that?  

i find it all a bit confusing, because i know they're a "chicago" band, but one of these days i shall seek for clarification.  
 this is going to be a great show, though.  definitely a strange combination, but you'd have to be a moron to miss ok go because they are the most fun live band you'll ever see.  and you can hold me to this...

Sage 703

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 07:25:00 pm »
yeah, I was pretty sure that OK Go was from Downers Grove; a suburb west of Chicago.  Being a Chicago native, we were reminded of that back when they were supposed to be big.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 10:53:00 pm »
well i know that at least damians dad grew up here...i think...or something...

and that their old keyboardist totally works at the black cat

Bags

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 11:45:00 am »
Good news!!  Looks like OK Go has their own show at the Black Cat as well (yeah -- only question is whether I still go to Rufus...).

Mon 10/24/05   OK Go
 Black Cat
 [from Pollstar]

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 01:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
  Good news!!  Looks like OK Go has their own show at the Black Cat as well (yeah -- only question is whether I still go to Rufus...).

Mon 10/24/05   OK Go
 Black Cat
 [from Pollstar]
Thanks for that. I want to see OK Go but wasn't prepared to spend $35.