Author Topic: WOXY + La La =?  (Read 2625 times)

redsock

WOXY + La La =?
« on: September 25, 2006, 01:02:00 pm »
http://www.woxy.com/boards/showthread.php?t=41077&page=1&pp=20

This guys seems pretty damn genuine. He's got some interesting ideas, should get him to look at BigYawn.

vansmack

Re: WOXY + La La =?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 01:11:00 pm »
It's a little odd that someone of Bill Nguyen's intelligence and stature would go public with something like this over a message board.  

One would think that he could figure out how to contact the WOXY folks on his own....
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 01:17:00 pm »
That would be the chief guy behind La La and he did mention on the La La forum a couple days ago that he had some interest in WOXY and bringing it in to the service.  La La has some plans for streaming music not exactly sure what form it will take.  

I think a combo of La La and WOXY would be an interesting idea as WOXY listeners are better tapped into midstream music.  Midstream music is my term for artists which get Mainstream press and exposure but don't have mainstream sales success i.e. Gold Records and above.  Also known as the Garden State Soundtrack effect...  Sufjan Stevens, The Shins, etc...

Besides the CD trading aspect, which continues to be going very well for me, La La has introduced a new store feature with very aggressive pricing some of the lowest you'll see on the net even with shipping added on.  And it's being fulfilled by an indie retailer with very quick ship times.

If you want an invite pm NKOTB or me... free t-shirts rock!
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 01:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  It's a little odd that someone of Bill Nguyen's intelligence and stature would go public with something like this over a message board.  

One would think that he could figure out how to contact the WOXY folks on his own....
true but he's also made some pretty off the wall remarks on the La La forums as well.. plus he is doing a little marketing of course  :p
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 01:52:00 pm »
Am still reading through the thread and it goes from what if La La were to get WOXY to Bill flying to Cinni to talk business today on about page 25...
T.Rex

redsock

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 02:33:00 pm »
That appears to be the deal, Bill and the WOXY folks, with the whole world invited... pretty bold move. He seems to have a plan and it sounds like the WOXY folks are buying...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 10:38:00 pm »
word on the la la forum is that WOXY is back online in two weeks...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 11:53:00 pm »
and just to set the record straight it was GGW who saved WOXY.. because it was he who posted the farewell message here, which i in turn reposted over on la la... which is of course when bill nuyen first heard of WOXY thanks to my expert cutting and pasting skills.  all tributes to him and i will be invested in my latest capitol venture fund located in the cayman islands..
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 08:02:00 am »
Here ya go straight from La La Bill...

A big announcement for 'lala' and the future of rock and roll...

Good morning.  Last night, we agreed to purchase WOXY one of the first alternative rock station.  Next week, we'll make announcements to what all this mean but I encourage you to read the following posts to see what an amazing project we've undertaken.

http://www.woxy.com/boards/showthread.php?t=41077
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 08:33:00 am »
Since I'm in complete whore mode today, thought it was worthy to also pass along the official La La policy regarding new CD sold via their store.

For an indifinite period of time they will be selling new CDs at cost(no markup) with fulfillment being handled by Newbury Comics.  They also expect that costs could go down over time as volume picks up on purchases.

Recent releases of interest

Yo La Tango - "I'm Not Afraid of ...." $9.79
 TVOTR - "Return to..." $8.39
 Ween - "Shinola" - $8.89
 Black Keys - "Magic Potion" - $11.09
 The Thermals - "The Body..." - $9.79

Shipping is $2.15 for the first CD and $1 for each additional...

And I order some CDs last week on Tuesday and they  arrived by Friday.
T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 09:52:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  and just to set the record straight it was GGW who saved WOXY.
I did it for the children.