Author Topic: gwynie and chris  (Read 5403 times)

poorlulu

gwynie and chris
« on: June 13, 2003, 10:36:00 am »
so should we place our bets now..............?

$50.00 on it wont happen..........and just in case another $50.00 on i give it a year..............

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-12346231,00.html

mankie

Re: gwynie and chris
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 10:40:00 am »
I bet they last longer than Ben and J-lo.

mjnova

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 10:55:00 am »
Originally posted by mankie:
I think there are gonna be a lot of very attractive kids in broken but well furnished homes.

And honestly, whatever breaks Mr. Martin's obsession with Echo and the Bunnymen would work fine with me.  I bet should could writer better lyrics than him.

Yank

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 12:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by mjnova:

I think there are gonna be a lot of very attractive kids in broken but well furnished homes.

And honestly, whatever breaks Mr. Martin's obsession with Echo and the Bunnymen would work fine with me.  I bet should could writer better lyrics than him. [/b]
Chris Martin only wishes he could write a song as good as an Echo and the Bunnymen song instead of those lame piano ballads.  But I'm sure my mom likes Coldplay!

mankie

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 12:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by Yank:

Chris Martin only wishes he could write a song as good as an Echo and the Bunnymen song instead of those lame piano ballads.  But I'm sure my mom likes Coldplay!

[/b]
Thank GOD someone else posted my thoughts exactly. I didn't bother because I'd only get the "you're just old and bitter, fuck off and go buy a new cd"

Yank

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2003, 12:43:00 pm »

[/b]
Thank GOD someone else posted my thoughts exactly. I didn't bother because I'd only get the "you're just old and bitter, fuck off and go buy a new cd" [/b]
You are old and bitter....but in this case you're right!

mankie

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 12:45:00 pm »

You are old and bitter....but in this case you're right!

[/b]
Bitter? Did you say bitter? Go on then, I'll have a pint with you.

mjnova

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2003, 12:49:00 pm »

And honestly, whatever breaks Mr. Martin's obsession with Echo and the Bunnymen would work fine with me.  I bet should could writer better lyrics than him. [/b]
Chris Martin only wishes he could write a song as good as an Echo and the Bunnymen song instead of those lame piano ballads.  But I'm sure my mom likes Coldplay! [/b]
Have you heard the new cd from Ian McWhatever?  It's one of the worst albums I've heard.  It's in the Tricky hall of fame for people who think they're brilliant poets of their generation, but actually should have packed it in 4 albums ago.  I've rarely heard music so trite, by someone who thinks that he's not.

mankie

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2003, 12:50:00 pm »

Have you heard the new cd from Ian McWhatever?  It's one of the worst albums I've heard.  It's in the Tricky hall of fame for people who think they're brilliant poets of their generation, but actually should have packed it in 4 albums ago.  I've rarely heard music so trite, by someone who thinks that he's not.

[/b]
did you buy it? I'll pay you $1 for it.

It's "McCulloch" by the way.

Yank

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2003, 12:55:00 pm »
Nope, haven't heard the Ian McWhatshisname's new album, but we were talking about Echo and The Bunnymen.  Morrissey and Marr's solo ablums aren't as good as The Smiths.  Ian Brown's and John Squire's solos aren't as good as The Stone Roses.  Hell, none of The Beatles solo albums were as good as the bands.  What's the point?

mankie

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2003, 12:57:00 pm »
  Nope, haven't heard the Ian McWhatshisname's new album, but we were talking about Echo and The Bunnymen.  Morrissey and Marr's solo ablums aren't as good as The Smiths.  Ian Brown's and John Squire's solos aren't as good as The Stone Roses.  Hell, none of The Beatles solo albums were as good as the bands.  What's the point?
One exception (or is that acception  ;)  ) Richard Ashcrofts solo stuff is much better than The Verve.

Yank

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2003, 01:03:00 pm »

One exception (or is that acception   ;)   ) Richard Ashcrofts solo stuff is much better than The Verve. [/b]
God, it's hard to post here with all of you rocket scientists!  Ok, accepting....is that better Rhett?  Knobhead!

mankie

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2003, 01:06:00 pm »

God, it's hard to post here with all of you rocket scientists!  Ok, accepting....is that better Rhett?  Knobhead!

[/b]
No worries yank, Rhett's just a scientist of the man rocket!

Yank

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2003, 01:07:00 pm »

[/b]
No worries yank, Rhett's just a scientist of the man rocket! [/b]
I didn't know they made O-rings that small?

mankie

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2003, 01:09:00 pm »

I didn't know they made O-rings that small?

[/b]
He uses the one that they make to keep watches water tight.