Author Topic: Songs in Commercials  (Read 6245 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Songs in Commercials
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2024, 04:14:49 pm »
I still contend that "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)" is the worst song of the 1980s.

Vindicated: In 2012, John Parr re-recorded the song with new lyrics, dubbed "Tim Tebow's Fire", to honor Tim Tebow of the Denver Broncos. Parr stated to Denver FOX affiliate KDVR, "I was inspired by Tim Tebow so I wanted to modify the lyrics...in his honor of the way that he lives his life as being a great example."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 04:18:52 pm by Justin Tonation »
😐 🎶

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2024, 04:19:12 pm »
yeah.  I was just thinking the same thing.

I still contend that "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)" is the worst song of the 1980s.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2024, 04:22:51 pm »
yeah.  I was just thinking the same thing.

😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2024, 01:37:12 am »

Vindicated: In 2012, John Parr re-recorded the song with new lyrics, dubbed "Tim Tebow's Fire", to honor Tim Tebow of the Denver Broncos. Parr stated to Denver FOX affiliate KDVR, "I was inspired by Tim Tebow so I wanted to modify the lyrics...in his honor of the way that he lives his life as being a great example."

incorrect

fight me
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2024, 01:43:56 am »

incorrect

fight me

I will not link the John Parr song because I believe subjecting anyone to David Foster's insipid and ad nauseam synth hook is a war crime.
😐 🎶

Mobius

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2024, 08:13:37 am »
The Uber commercial using I Want to Hold Your Hand that is in the Olympics rotation is uber, uber cringe

hutch

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2024, 08:43:36 am »
+1

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2024, 12:40:08 pm »

clearly Qobuz is spying on my internet activity as  this song was added to randomly generated "My Weekly Q" playlist.  algorithmic playlists are not Qobuz's strong suit
T.Rex

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2024, 02:22:34 pm »

clearly Qobuz is spying on my internet activity as  this song was added to randomly generated "My Weekly Q" playlist.  algorithmic playlists are not Qobuz's strong suit
or Qobuz is says "this guy likes a lot of crappy music, he'll surely like this" I hope it was followed up with "we built this city"
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2024, 03:33:48 pm »
Well it was proceeded by “Mr. Jones” so you maybe on to something… but trust me when I say the weekly discovery playlists have the most random stuff

I.e.  Charlie Parker, The Get Up Kids, beabadoobee, Dino Jr., Quivers, Milton Nascimento and Howard McGhee
T.Rex

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2024, 03:51:23 pm »
Well it was proceeded by “Mr. Jones” so you maybe on to something…
damn, that's like the trifecta!
slack

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2024, 03:56:17 pm »
We may have a new winner, with "We Quilt This City"
this is awesome!
shame this is behind a pay wall as I want to know what's up with the Quilted Queens
https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/quilted-northerns-pop-trio-the-quilted-queens-are-here-to-evangelize-about-toilet-paper/

these don't appear to be the same queens
https://www.thequiltqueens.com/
« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 03:59:47 pm by Hatch, guerrilla-poserll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack