Author Topic: Sex Pistols@9:30  (Read 13947 times)

TheREALHunter

Sex Pistols@9:30
« on: June 17, 2003, 07:44:00 am »
If anyone has any info as to when these tickets are going on sale it would be much appreciated thanks!
 Hunter

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Sex Pistols@9:30
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 08:21:00 am »
i kosmo promise not to whine, bitch, or moan about this $40 concert.  it's going to be a whole different story if it's a $50+ concert  :D
T.Rex

TheREALHunter

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 09:26:00 am »
I agree ticket prices are getting out of hand but Im sure it would be $40+ to see them @Patriot Center or an outdoor amphitheater like Nissan or Merriweather but then in that case I wouldnt even go, Im only going to shell out the larger bux to see them in a much smaller venue.  Also, if you look at their tour schedule, the 9:30 Club seems to be the smallest by far.
 Hunter

Mobius

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 09:43:00 am »
Wow! A huge pull by the Club!  A $50 cover charge is never pleasant (if that were the case) but ticket prices just aren't an issue on this one.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 09:54:00 am »
The Great Rock and Roll Swindle 2003. Sex Pistols were a one album novelty act.

markie

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2003, 10:02:00 am »
yeah Rhett..... And you are all excited to see drive by truckers tonight too.

So where did the info come from?

Even I might be tempted to see this, although the thought of 50 year olds singing punk songs is just so unappealing......

TheREALHunter

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2003, 10:11:00 am »
http://www.sex-pistols.net/main.html
 (click on news)

Hunter

Mobius

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2003, 10:15:00 am »
Yeah they're old, and yeah they're farts, but I think this should be really good.  Take away all the "punk" BS hype surrounding them and Never Mind the Bollocks is a killer album with killer songs that are still often imitated and never duplicated.  I didn't see them in 96 but calling the tour "Filthy Lucre" was dubious from the start.  Now, assumedly, they're touring w/ nothing to prove, not attempting to be relevant, and maybe not even doing it just for the money.  Sure Johnny Rotten/Lydon usually comes across these days an embarrassing characterature like Diamond David Lee Roth, but I'd think Steve Jones can still tap into 1976-77 and the rest will follow.

markie

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2003, 10:25:00 am »
Originally posted by TheREALHunter:
  http://www.sex-pistols.net/main.html
 (click on news)

Hunter
Thanks Hunter..... So its unconfirmed but probable......

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2003, 10:42:00 am »
Yes, I'll pay $12 to see the Drive By Truckers tonight, but I sure as hell won't pay $50 to see them 25 years from now.
    Of course if the Pistols play Bumbershoot, they'd be good for a laugh. I do see that a couple of the Bumbershoot days are conspicuously abset from their itinerary.

Originally posted by Andrew WK:

Even I might be tempted to see this, although the thought of 50 year olds singing punk songs is just so unappealing......

keithstg

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2003, 10:44:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Yes, I'll pay $12 to see the Drive By Truckers tonight, but I sure as hell won't pay $50 to see them 25 years from now.
    Of course if the Pistols play Bumbershoot, they'd be good for a laugh. I do see that a couple of the Bumbershoot days are conspicuously abset from their itinerary.

[/b]
What gets lost in all the rest of the sex pistols nonsense is that Steve Jones was / is a great guitarist.

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2003, 10:46:00 am »
I think I saw him playing guitar at a club for Iggy Pop 10 or 12 years ago. Did I, or is it just my imagination?

Originally posted by keithstg:

[/b]
What gets lost in all the rest of the sex pistols nonsense is that Steve Jones was / is a great guitarist. [/b]

markie

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2003, 10:49:00 am »

I guess the difference is no pne knows who the drive by truckers are now, the chance of anyone knowing who they are in 25 years is slim.

The pistols are living legends, they had a direct influence on so many bands.

royalsperm

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2003, 10:54:00 am »
i have to agree with rhett on this one. i think i'll stay home and clip my toenails.

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2003, 11:03:00 am »
If enough music writers start sucking their dicks, they will become legends just like the Pistols.

People still know who Jethro Tull and Deep Purple are 25 years later.

I guess the difference is no pne knows who the drive by truckers are now, the chance of anyone knowing who they are in 25 years is slim.

The pistols are living legends, they had a direct influence on so many bands. [/b]