Author Topic: a redundant question  (Read 3614 times)

sonickteam2

a redundant question
« on: June 29, 2004, 03:01:00 pm »
i know this was covered at one point, but can you buy Merriweather tickets at 930 club box office?  and what sort of serrvice charge is there?

markie

Re: a redundant question
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 03:12:00 pm »
You used to be able to buy tickets for all IMP shows at the club box office. No one said anything about changing that to me.

I bet you have a great time:

3 Doors Down & Nickelback
 w/ Puddle of Mudd & 12 Stones
 @ Merriweather Post Pavilion â?¢ Columbia, MD
 Â 
 TUE. JUL. 20
 $60,$45,$29.50
 Â 

Tickets on sale now through Ticketmaster. 202-397-SEAT or www.ticketmaster.com

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 03:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
  You used to be able to buy tickets for all IMP shows at the club box office. No one said anything about changing that to me.

I bet you have a great time:

3 Doors Down & Nickelback
 w/ Puddle of Mudd & 12 Stones
 @ Merriweather Post Pavilion â?¢ Columbia, MD
 Â 
 TUE. JUL. 20
 $60,$45,$29.50
 Â 

Tickets on sale now through Ticketmaster. 202-397-SEAT or www.ticketmaster.com
thats NOT funny.  because i am taking my father to that show.  for his b-day.  I was going to buy Cure tickets if its only $1 a ticket extra.

markie

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 03:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  thats NOT funny.  because i am taking my father to that show.  
What would you do if you liked him?

I bet it is more than $1.

ratioci nation

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 03:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by mark e smith:
  What would you do if you liked him?

I bet it is more than $1.
Recher shows were not more than a $1, and I think Seth also said you could now buy at the Merriweather box office without a service charge, but I don't know when that is open.  Maybe that is night of the show.

Bags

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 03:19:00 pm »
I'm not so sure you can get Merriweather tix at 9:30 club box office, because Merriweather tix are still sold through Ticketmaster, whereas the other IMP shows are Tickets.com.

I'd pose the question in the FAQ section....

Yeah, Pollard, Seth was talking about day of the show at M. Post.  I guess they used to charge a fee even day of show at the box office, but they're not doing that anymore.

ratioci nation

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 03:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagalicious Tangster:
  I'm not so sure you can get Merriweather tix at 9:30 club box office, because Merriweather tix are still sold through Ticketmaster, whereas the other IMP shows are Tickets.com.

I'd pose the question in the FAQ section....
other IMP shows are ticketmaster as well I believe, it explains all this in the FAQ on the main page, it has not been updated to reflect Merriweather though

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 03:29:00 pm »
Let me save you the trouble of heading over to the FAQ section.  Yes, you can buy MPP tickets at our box office.  The $1/ticket service charge applies.

sonickteam2

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 03:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by eddie:
  Let me save you the trouble of heading over to the FAQ section.  Yes, you can buy MPP tickets at our box office.  The $1/ticket service charge applies.
thank you very much.  do i have to pay a convenience charge for not having to go to the FAQ section?   :)

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 03:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
    do i have to pay a convenience charge for not having to go to the FAQ section?    :)  
Not yet.  But Eddie deserves something special nonetheless.
27>34

Bags

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004, 03:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by eddie:
That absolutely kicks ass....

Eddie, can you give us an idea how Curiosa is selling?

So, only 9:30 Club sells through tickets.com.  That's pretty interesting; I'd love to know why (though am pessimistic on the likelihood of an answer....).

markie

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2004, 03:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagalicious Tangster:
  So, only 9:30 Club sells through tickets.com.  That's pretty interesting; I'd love to know why (though am pessimistic on the likelihood of an answer....).
Seth talked on here at the time of the change about siding with small businesses. In other words, he got a better deal. For the consumer there does not seem to be much difference.

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2004, 03:57:00 pm »
At this juncture there are still tickets for Curiosa,  even some in the pavilion.  As to why Tickets.com,  they are one of the few "other" ticketing agencies out there (there has to be a third party overseeing these operations) and I don't think it ever hurts to have a system of checks and balances however slight the differences may be.

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2004, 04:00:00 pm »
And by the way, none of you good people owes me anything.  See y'all 'round the way (in the FAQ).

Bags

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2004, 04:00:00 pm »
I think it's fantastic that 9:30 uses tickets.com, even though the difference isn't all that perceptible to consumers.  Because the difference is in the existence of choices, though TMaster still has so much buttoned up.  But, that's for another thread.  Guess I was more curious that all the IMP venues didn't use tickets.com as IMP is the promoter.  Obviously it's a venue specific choice rather than promoter choice.