Author Topic: hello Idlewild posse  (Read 25636 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: hello Idlewild posse
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2003, 10:19:00 am »
yep kosmette and i will be in attendence.... and the putouts lean a bit to the (alt)rock side of things... a little more ballsier and showmanship than indie.
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2003, 10:19:00 am »
Originally posted by redsock:

Originally posted by lily1:
  btw, who is coming tonight? i'm guessing kosmo, kosmette, myself, ggw, and who else?
 ]
Well, not that I hang out with all the boardies, but I'll be there with some folks I'm draggin along. The fletchers show certainly won some converts. Really excited. [/b]
Ditto, I wouldn't know one of you if I ran smack into you (note clever use of board moniker).  

I'm getting there in time to see the Put Outs, and since it's a Wed. and I've had a *rough* work week, I'll probably be upstairs with my one friend who's open to the Idlewild experience (other friends are more indie than British...).  It's very rare these days that I feel the need to be close to the stage down on the ground.  Normally about 2/3s of the way back is cool -- wherever I can dance a bit (me and my regular posse are dancing, not arms crossed, crowd).

paige

« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2003, 10:20:00 am »
so i guess it's too late to suggest Black Eyes?  :D

poorlulu

« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2003, 10:26:00 am »
myself and markie will be there of course, venerable bede and g/f,
  and i'm guessing kurosawa........hey redsock why don't you hang out with us boardies?  are you scared?

see y'all there

Venerable Bede

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2003, 10:32:00 am »
Originally posted by poorlulu:
  and i'm guessing kurosawa........hey redsock why don't you hang out with us boardies?  are you scared?

see y'all there
ohh, at this moment, both i and the g/f do not plan on attending.  have to see how i feel after my softball game tonight.
OU812

redsock

« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2003, 10:33:00 am »
Originally posted by poorlulu:

I'm not, but sockette is. j/k

Actually, she is short (and so is her twin), so we often stand upstairs. I know you all tend to be an upfront kinda crew. That's it mostly. Though they are both huge Blur fans, and I think they wanna touch Damon somewhere special, so we might be in the front row for that show. I'll catch up with you all one of these days, when I'm probably stuck going alone.

lily1

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2003, 10:37:00 am »
should anyone want to join us, i'm headed to the islander on 12th and u at 7.30pm for a good and cheap dinner. i recommend the homemade ginger beer and roti's.  http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?node=entertainment/profile&id=792256&typeId=2

and if you haven't met me before, i'm in a pair of wide leg jeans, and a turquoise print chinese inspired top. i have long brown hair.

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2003, 10:37:00 am »
Who is g/f?

Bags

« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2003, 10:38:00 am »
oops.  ignore me.  I'm avoiding work, and doing a bad job of it.

mankie

« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2003, 11:05:00 am »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

have to see how i feel after my softball game tonight.

[/b]
I hear ya bro'! I was out playing catch with the 4 year old from next door last night....talk about kick my arse! That shit will kill a weaker man.

thirsty moore

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2003, 11:11:00 am »
It's not so much the softball as it is the drinking.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2003, 11:23:00 am »
Originally posted by mankie:
 I hear ya bro'! I was out playing catch with the 4 year old from next door last night....talk about kick my arse! That shit will kill a weaker man.
dude, you should try this new thing where you kick a round ball to another person, then he kicks it back to you.  let me tell you, there's only so much the side of one's foot can take.
OU812

malkmess

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2003, 11:24:00 am »
i'll be there tonight. rockin to the put-outs and idlewild. good stuff.

-jamie

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2003, 11:31:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  should anyone want to join us, i'm headed to the islander on 12th and u at 7.30pm for a good and cheap dinner. i recommend the homemade ginger beer and roti's.   http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?node=entertainment/profile&id=792256&typeId=2  

and if you haven't met me before, i'm in a pair of wide leg jeans, and a turquoise print chinese inspired top. i have long brown hair.
kosmette and i will join in the preshow feedbag mon... homemade ginger beer sounds yummy  :D
T.Rex

thirsty moore

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2003, 11:34:00 am »
Isn't that called runny-kicky?

Originally posted by Venerable Bede:
 dude, you should try this new thing where you kick a round ball to another person, then he kicks it back to you.  let me tell you, there's only so much the side of one's foot can take.