Author Topic: hello Idlewild posse  (Read 25639 times)

ggw

Re: hello Idlewild posse
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2003, 05:35:00 pm »
Anybody know Laguardia

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2003, 05:41:00 pm »
anyone know about this the idlewild Limited Edition Tour EP that tower is giving away with purchase of the new cd?  is it being sold at shows?

i'm guessing the tracks are repackaged b-sides, and one hopes that this ep is available elsewhere seeing as i already own the album.

the tracking list is thus...  

1. "You Held the World in Your Arms"
 Produced and Mixed by Dave Eringa
 Written by Idlewild

2. "The Nothing I Know*"
 Produced and Mixed by Dave Eringa
 Written by Idlewild

3. "Everything Flows*"
 Recorded with Richie Dempsey
 Written by Norman Blake, Raymond McGinley, Gerard Love and Brendan O'Hare

4. "In Remote Part/Scottish Fiction (Live)*"
 Performed at Brixton Academy 9th December 2002
 Written by Idlewild and Morgan
T.Rex

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2003, 06:17:00 pm »
Tracks 2 and 3 are b-sides -and good ones at that. This EP has been floating around in various formats. It also came out in the UK. I think it is more worthwhile to buy the CD singles and get all the b-sides -especially Poor Thing and No Generation. But of course you have to import them yourself...

Bags

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2003, 03:16:00 pm »
What a GREAT thread.  I missed it at first due to the July 4th weekend away.  Love hearing about so much of the locak music, and will make an effort to see the bands that come up the most often.

Yeah 9:30 Club Forum!!!

ggw

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2003, 03:52:00 pm »
Twangirl, thanks for taking everyones suggestions and for working to get the Put-Outs, it's greatly appreciated.

twangirl

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2003, 07:40:00 pm »
You are welcome!
 Since everyone seemed to have such a good time with this, I'll try it again sometime when we have the opportunity to add some locals to a show. I really appreciated all the suggestions, and as a result have added a few bands to my list of things I must check out.

markie

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2003, 08:39:00 pm »
Thanks Twangirl,

I thought it was quite fun being able to shout for my favourite bands and actually have someone who could do something about it listen.

Bags

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2003, 01:04:00 pm »
Hey, I've been looking for information on the Put Outs, and there's nothing more recent than late 2001.  Their website has been inactive since then, and I couldn't find anything else on them really.  They popped up on a Replacements covers album webpage.

Just looking for some information and some fodder to get folks there early with me!

Thanks, forumheads.     ;)

malkmess

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2003, 02:16:00 pm »
yes, sorry to say, but there really isn't any info on the put-outs online anywhere. nor any mp3s or anything. they're going to be working on a new website soon, though.

they rock so much though. that's all i can tell you. sorry.

-jamie

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2003, 02:21:00 pm »
the put-outs share much in common with the replacements, they are also good friends with superdrag and have good on tour with them often.  they rawk!!!!
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2003, 02:30:00 pm »
Thanks Kosmo & Malkmess.

I got this from the Replacements cover album website:

"The Put Outs -  garage rawk with lots of power and melody from Baltimore!  Their latest CD is prooduced by none other than Tommy Stinson! "

I think that and the Superdrag connection should be enough to recommend them.  And really, who cares, 'cuz I'll catch them!

lily1

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2003, 09:10:00 am »
i thought they were more punk? or are they more guitar thrashing indie? and does anyone know anything about laguardia?

btw, who is coming tonight? i'm guessing kosmo, kosmette, myself, ggw, and who else?

Originally posted by kosmo:
  Great news... It's been awhile since I've seen the Put-Outs lads.  There Replacements inspired bash and pop should be great compliment to Idlewild.

vansmack

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2003, 09:21:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
 btw, who is coming tonight? i'm guessing kosmo, kosmette, myself, ggw, and who else?

Smackie sans smackette.  She backed out this morning but I'm still working her a bit.
27>34

redsock

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2003, 10:04:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
 ]
Well, not that I hang out with all the boardies, but I'll be there with some folks I'm draggin along. The fletchers show certainly won some converts. Really excited.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2003, 10:17:00 am »
Obviously, I will be at the show.