Author Topic: Belle & Sebastian Rollcall  (Read 18017 times)

stu47

Re: Belle & Sebastian Rollcall
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2006, 04:51:00 pm »
I'm going....looking forward to finally seeing Ted Leo, and making up for missing the B&S show in march cause of the flu

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2006, 04:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:
 I'll bet we'd beat Hoya's posse's asses...  Seven Sisters versus the Jesuits -- call it!
my posse is actually something like 90% jewish, so you could definitely kick our asses
(o|o)

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2006, 05:12:00 pm »
Pit

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2006, 05:34:00 pm »
those setlists are awesome...

i should be there on the lawn.  i hope so.  i'm really trying to get there.

jude376

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2006, 07:13:00 pm »
Pit for me too.

bnyced0

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2006, 07:40:00 pm »
Anyone with a lawn only ticket that wants to upgrade to the PIT I have an extra one for free, well a nice cool alcoholic beverage in exchange would be nice.

B.

ChampionshipVinyl

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2006, 04:08:00 pm »
Any ideas about times for each band tonite?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2006, 04:30:00 pm »
from the FAQ

5:00 Gates
 6:30 Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
 7:30 Broken Social Scene
 8:45 Belle & Sebastian

Darth Ed

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2006, 12:03:00 am »
Was it just me or did Broken Social Scene start around 7:15? B&S started on time, however. I was surprised Ted Leo didn't play longer. Or did he start earlier than 6:30?

Anyway, I have to say that I'm not entirely sure I got my money's worth tonight. The Belle & Sebastian show at the 9:30 Club in early March of this year was much more satisfying overall. The Merriweather sound mix wasn't good, especially during Broken Social Scene (too much drums, not enough vocals). It's not often that I complain that concerts should be louder, but this one should have been. I strained to hear Stuart at times. When the audience started its rhythmic clapping it would almost down out Belle & Sebastian. At least, that's the way it sounded to me in the middle of the pit. Perhaps some center speakers for the pit would have helped.  Or maybe the Belle & Sebastian sound just doesn't translate well to large outdoor venues and they should stick to more intimate indoor venues instead. Also, I know it's really all about the music, but for $50 a ticket (including fees) couldn't they have added a decent light show? Good show, but just not a great one.

lukiedookie89

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2006, 12:38:00 am »
Agreed, it did not live up to their 9:30 shows in March...but it was still a great show.  I was really happy to hear so much material from Arab Strap.  
 Ted Leo was mediocre as always, but his new songs sounded good.  Broken Social Scene was amazing.

Sieve-Fisted

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2006, 12:41:00 am »
Ted Leo started at 6:30 and ended at 7:00.  Way too short!  I thought Broken Social Scene were just okay.  I had never seen Belle & Sebastian live before and I was very impressed.  We were in the middle of the pavilion, dead center and the sound was great.

Public Service Announcement â?? During a concert, please do not stand when everyone around you and in back of you are sitting...especially when youâ??re a bad dancer.  It makes it very difficult to see.  There is an unspoken rule, either everyone stands or everyone sits.  Thank you for your cooperation.

Darth Ed

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2006, 12:48:00 am »
Originally posted by lukas:
 Ted Leo was mediocre as always, but his new songs sounded good.  Broken Social Scene was amazing.
Ted Leo mediocre? I think not. I was underwhelmed by Broken Social Scene, but then I had issues with the sound mix and I'm really only barely familiar with their self-titled album from last year, so possibly it was just me.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2006, 12:59:00 am »
This was probably the WORST Broken Social Scene show I've ever seen. Where were the horn section from the last tour??!! They were missing and so were "KC Accidental" and "It's All Gonna Break".
(_|_)

sonickteam2

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2006, 01:02:00 am »
Originally posted by Sieve-Fisted:
  There is an unspoken rule, either everyone stands or everyone sits.  Thank you for your cooperation.
then stand the fuck up, you bum.

sonickteam2

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2006, 01:05:00 am »
to elaborate on the actual show

ted leo - always cool, but always the same

bss - fucking cool, and talked to a few of them during b&s's set. nice dudes.

b&s - well, its just NOT my thing, at alllll.

crowd was very cool, and again, lawn people were let into the pavilion, per Belle and Sebastian, what nice Scots.  :)