Author Topic: NFL  (Read 73004 times)

hutch

Re: NFL
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2015, 01:16:37 pm »
I didn't know about this rule but I'm surprised its taken this long to establish what is legal and what is not...

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/nfl-says-solder-touchdown-play-was-illegal?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo
This is the most ridiculous thing ever. Illegal is such an inflammatory word, even if by the strictest definition thereof its accurate. A player was lined up in the wrong position. That happens 2-3 times a game for every team; it's a five-yard penalty for illegal formation or ineligible man down field.

There is a gaping chasm between committing one of the 12 or so penalties committed in every football game since the invention of the sport and "doing something illegal" or "cheating". By that hyperbolic logic, pass interference, delay of game, a false start, and offensive holding are "cheating."

If you want to get down on the referees for missing a call but even the most butthurt New England hater has to find this ridiculous.

I agree; should've put the term in quotes.. I was referring to the article.....

its become a witch hunt at this point..

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #196 on: January 30, 2015, 01:40:03 pm »
I didn't know about this rule but I'm surprised its taken this long to establish what is legal and what is not...

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/nfl-says-solder-touchdown-play-was-illegal?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

what a non-story.  the play was illegal, but not because of solder's catch, touchdown, legibility status, etc... but because of someone on the opposite side of the formation.  any play would have been illegal, the refs just missed it.

but even the most butthurt New England hater has to find this ridiculous.

haters goin' hate.  it's like trying to interject logic into a conversation with a yankees hater, a U2 hater, a GW Bush hater, etc. - ain't gonna work. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:50:29 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #197 on: January 30, 2015, 04:07:14 pm »
U2 did 9/11
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #198 on: January 30, 2015, 04:19:04 pm »
^^was that a question or a statement?

what is under Edge's hat...a box cutter.... ;D
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #199 on: January 30, 2015, 05:33:09 pm »
what is under Edge's hat...
A complete asshole who, despite being in his fifties, self-glosses himself with the lamest comic book superhero name imaginable?
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2015, 01:59:46 pm »
Here's a horrifying game you can play during this Sunday's Super Bowl and the nearly 12 hours of pre- and postgame content: count the number of times you hear some variation of "deflated balls" and compare that to the number of times during Super Bowls XLV or XLVII you heard the phrases "two-time accused rapist" or "accused co-conspirator in a double murder." Or just compare "deflated balls" to "brain damage." Then see if the first number dwarfs a combination of the last three by an order of magnitude. It will.

http://www.mrdestructo.com/2015/01/everything-stupid-is-alive-and.html?m=1

vansmack

« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2015, 11:20:10 pm »
It's going to be interesting if Carroll takes responsibility for the play call or if Wilson audibled into the slant. 

My guess is that it was the bench and Wilson's audible was to line the slant up on the rookies side.   Either way,  worst call EVAH.

EDIT : Pete Carroll fell on the sword.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:35:50 pm by vansmack »
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2015, 11:37:39 pm »
It's going to be interesting if Carroll takes responsibility for the play call or if Wilson audibled into the slant. 

My guess is that it was the bench and Wilson's audible was to line the slant up on the rookies side.   Either way,  worst call EVAH.

One minute left at the one with Lynch in the backfield??  ufb.

ggw

« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2015, 12:22:44 am »
Not a Theismann, but still cringe-inducing:

hutch

« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2015, 01:48:35 am »
that was seriously the worst play call ever.. i almost feel bad for the Seahawks....

buah ah ha ha ha

with Lynch and Wilson as options to power through/sneak it in...how could they do that?

shemptiness

« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2015, 07:47:17 am »

« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2015, 09:29:11 am »
That was seriously an awesome Super Bowl. So many twists and turns and shifts.

Brady is the best ever, and its not close.
LVMH

« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2015, 09:30:27 am »

I somehow missed this commercial altogether and was very confused when this photo started coming up on everyone's Timeline last night. Heard about it on the radio this morning.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2015, 09:50:58 am »
left shark ruled!

shemptiness

« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2015, 11:18:24 am »
Why did Belichick not call a timeout prior to the interception?  It was as if they were giving up and conceding the game at that point.