Author Topic: NFL  (Read 72845 times)

Sage 703

NFL
« on: October 03, 2006, 03:13:00 pm »
about time we had a football thread, no?

how 'bout dem Bears?!

Guiny

Re: NFL
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 03:28:00 pm »
My fantasy teams suck again this year.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 03:32:00 pm »
go ravens?

that sounds so weird...
<sig>

ggw

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 03:42:00 pm »
Go Giants!!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 06:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by callat703:
  how 'bout dem Bears?!
Bill Swerski: DA BEARS!! Who wins in a fight, Ditka vs. God? Trick question, Ditka is God. Who wins in a fight, Ditka vs. A Hurricane? What if the Hurricane was named Hurricane Ditka?  Now, gentlemen, let me ask you this: What if Da Bears were all 14 inches tall, you know, about so high? Now, what's your score of today's game?

Carl Wollarski: Against Da Giants?

Bill Swerski: Yes, give 'em a handicap.

Carl Wollarski: Bears 18, Giants 10. And that would finally be a good game.

Pat Arnold: Yeah, it would be a good game. Mini Bears 24, Giants 14.

Todd O'Conner: What about Ditka? Would he be mini, too?

Bill Swerski: No, he would be full-grown.

Todd O'Conner: Oh, then, uh.. Mini Bears 31, Giants 7.

Carl Wollarski: Oh, hold on. Then I change mine, too. I thought it was Mini Ditka.

Bill Swerski: Okay, gentlemen, another scenario: Da Bears, they don't make it, the plane is delayed.. and the only one who shows up is Ditka. Ditka vs. Da Giants. Okay, score, gentlemen.

Pat Arnold: Alright, after da heart attack, I gotta say Ditka 17, Giants 14. He just barely gets by.

Bill Swerski: Alright, that sounds exciting. Perhaps, you know, a late Ditka field goal.

Todd O'Conner: Da Bears!

Superfans: Da Bears!!
<sig>

thingsfallapart

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 08:17:00 pm »

how 'bout dem Bears?!
They are pretty sick.

Sage 703

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 08:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by thingsfallapart:

how 'bout dem Bears?!
They are pretty sick. [/b]
On top of that, they have a schedule that gives them a shot at having a ridiculous record...

blinksaar

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 08:02:00 am »

how 'bout dem Bears?!
On top of that, they have a schedule that gives them a shot at having a ridiculous record... [/b]
goooooooooo packers :-p

Relaxer

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 10:24:00 am »

how 'bout dem Bears?!
On top of that, they have a schedule that gives them a shot at having a ridiculous record... [/b]
True, but they crushed the Weecocks last weekend, and the 'cocks are a seemingly good team (granted, they didn't have Alexander, but Hasselback is the meat of that team).

The Chesapeake Watershed Indigenous Peoples are going to get good this year. Slow start, but that's par for the course. They'll sneak into the playoffs in the wild card game and maybe win one or two.

We'll see about those Giants. The team hates the coach, the defense is suspect (nice move Lavarr) and if Eli goes down, those shit-hot receivers can't do much if they don't have the ball. Philly and Dallas will collapse mid-season, and the Skins might actually have a shot at the division.
oword

hoitel

• hello. world.
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 12:22:00 pm »
The Chesapeake Watershed Indigenous Peoples ....
hahaha.

the Giants need a parental figure in their life or something b/c there are a lot of babies on that team. on the other hand, the Bears are pretty legit -- as in really legit --- especially Grossman to Berrian. i see the Ravens being just like the Bears in a couple of more weeks -- once McNair trusts his line and receivers enough to throw downfield more.

i also really hope that the Packers can get it together -- namely their receivers. i mean -- what the hell --- i feel so sorry for Favre Diddy (can i call him that?) b/c half of his picks come from his receivers dropping passes and tipping them to the defense.

oh yeah -- go Larry Johnson! (fantasy football -- teehee)

ggw

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 12:41:00 pm »
I don't see Grossman carrying a team through the playoffs.  Then again, the Ravens did it with Dilfer, so who knows.

Shadrach

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 12:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I don't see Grossman carrying a team through the playoffs.  Then again, the Ravens did it with Dilfer, so who knows.
The difference between Dilfer and Grossman is that Grossman can create offence. The Ravens just asked Dilfer to not turn the ball over and maybe make one big play a game. Hell they went like 5 games in a row without scoring an offensive TD. Grossman on the other hand is tied for the league lead in TD passes and is one of the top rated QB's after 4 weeks.

There has never been a question about Grossman's talent, hell he lit it up in college at Florida. His only flaw has been can he stay healthy enough to finish an entire season.

I think with that defense as dominant as it is right now and that offense really clicking you have to see Chicago as the early season favorite to win it all.

vansmack

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 01:16:00 pm »
I can't believe people put so much faith in Sexy Rexy.  The kid will meltdown under pressure.  We've seen it twice this season already.  His D just happens to save his ass everytime.
27>34

Shadrach

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 03:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  I can't believe people put so much faith in Sexy Rexy.  The kid will meltdown under pressure.  We've seen it twice this season already.  His D just happens to save his ass everytime.
I don't think he's had any meltdown's at all, in fact he's made a few brilliant plays. I think what you are calling meltdown's are really just situations where he's been encouraged to take a few risks. I'm sure the coach has given him the green light to take some chances knowing that the defense can hold in tough spots. It's a classic risk/reward scenario. So far it's paid off to the tune of 8 TD passes, to three INT's from Grossman and the second highest passer rating in the NFC (100.8).

vansmack

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 04:06:00 pm »
I think the week 3 INT to start the 4th quarter against Minnesota would qualify as a meltdown, returned 7 yards for a TD.  Just ugly.

Fortunately for him, the defense got the ball back (or Brad Johnson gave the ball back to Chicago as it were), and Grossman only had to go 37 yards to take the lead.  They couldn't sustain any drives in that game, relying on a short TD off a TO and 3 field goals.  They really should have lost that game 13-9, with Grossman providing Minnesota it's only TD.
27>34