Author Topic: NFL  (Read 73039 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: NFL
« Reply #270 on: January 24, 2022, 05:28:13 pm »
With all the advantages the league has given to the offense...it's just too easy to score.  How many times this year did offenses score with less than a minute left in the game to come back and win.

Space Freely

« Reply #271 on: January 24, 2022, 05:40:30 pm »
With all the advantages the league has given to the offense...it's just too easy to score.  How many times this year did offenses score with less than a minute left in the game to come back and win.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #272 on: January 02, 2023, 10:38:25 pm »
OMG Damar Hamlin

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2023, 10:59:20 pm »
It's completely ridiculous that they haven't called the game yet. Cancel.for tonight and figure out the details later. FFS!

Yada

« Reply #274 on: January 02, 2023, 11:16:04 pm »
It's completely ridiculous that they haven't called the game yet. Cancel.for tonight and figure out the details later. FFS!

I mean, the NFL is garbage,  but I think it was handled properly...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #275 on: January 03, 2023, 01:31:21 am »

They told the teams they had five minutes to resume and the coaches and players, by multiple accounts, told the referees no and called the league office on a cell phone and told them to fuck off. I don’t think it’s clear this was handled properly at all.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #276 on: January 03, 2023, 08:16:43 am »

They told the teams they had five minutes to resume and the coaches and players, by multiple accounts, told the referees no and called the league office on a cell phone and told them to fuck off. I don’t think it’s clear this was handled properly at all.

See my first line about the NFL being trash... but I'm assuming the severity wasn't fully known in the first 300 seconds.

« Reply #277 on: January 03, 2023, 08:18:35 am »

See my first line about the NFL being trash... but I'm assuming the severity wasn't fully known in the first 300 seconds.
I think there’s more to come on this but I think if you’ve just watched a guy get CPR for 9-11 minutes, you maybe know enough to not suggest, “ok well that unpleasantness is done, let’s take 300 seconds and play ball.”
LVMH

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #278 on: January 03, 2023, 09:47:35 am »

Enough with the hysterics. If the NFL had to call every game when a player had a scary injury more than half of the games would be called early. That said, Goddell is a douchebag and the Shield deserves all the egg thrown at it this morning for scheduling the Packers and Lions on Sunday night and screwing the Seahawks in favor of the NFL's golden child Packers.

« Reply #279 on: January 03, 2023, 09:51:26 am »

Enough with the hysterics. If the NFL had to call every game when a player had a scary injury more than half of the games would be called early. That said, Goddell is a douchebag and the Shield deserves all the egg thrown at it this morning for scheduling the Packers and Lions on Sunday night and screwing the Seahawks in favor of the NFL's golden child Packers.
If I had to read this post, you are required to read the damn room.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #280 on: January 03, 2023, 09:57:04 am »

None sense. Players don’t have their hearts stop beating in more than half the games. There is a difference between an ACL injury and death.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #281 on: January 03, 2023, 09:59:49 am »
ACL injuries aren't scary injuries.

Yada

« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2023, 10:04:52 am »
Exactly... and how many games keep moving on when I guy just lost the ability to walk for the remainder of his life?

Based on my 13 seconds of research, this is the first time this has ever happened? Additionally, a couple of meatballs in pinstripes that wish they were actually playing the game vs. reffing most likely have a protocol they have to follow until told otherwise.

Now let's head to the just announced thread.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #283 on: January 03, 2023, 10:23:42 am »
Exactly... and how many games keep moving on when I guy just lost the ability to walk for the remainder of his life?

Based on my 13 seconds of research, this is the first time this has ever happened? Additionally, a couple of meatballs in pinstripes that wish they were actually playing the game vs. reffing most likely have a protocol they have to follow until told otherwise.

IIRC they gave Joe Theismann 300 seconds to get off the field.

Space Freely

« Reply #284 on: January 03, 2023, 10:28:51 am »

Sorry I'm not really following closely, but am I the only person in the world who would rather be a ref than a football player?