Author Topic: On The Eve of the New Season: North of the Border Editio  (Read 184765 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: On The Eve of the New Season: North of the Border Editio
« Reply #525 on: May 10, 2017, 04:49:58 pm »
Quit living in the past!

Don't forget yours before you mouth off.

I'll take shit from a lot of people, but Caps fans (and Sharks fans) are not among them.

The Ducks have the fifth shortest drought in the NHL at 9 years, the Caps have the fifth longest at 41 years, also known as never.

Mouth off? You mouthed off first, buddy. I was just saying, I'll take the Caps in game 7 over the Ducks in their game 7. Didn't they just get their doors blown off?
‼‼?‼‼

herman otto

« Reply #526 on: May 10, 2017, 04:51:46 pm »
ooh, ohh . . . old guy vs young guy fight, about hockey.

thrilling.  maybe, you should just throw your gloves and beat each senseless in the middle of the ice, as the crowd goes wild, spilling their bud and coors lights!

vansmack

« Reply #527 on: May 10, 2017, 05:11:56 pm »
ooh, ohh . . . old guy vs young guy fight, about hockey.

thrilling.  maybe, you should just throw your gloves and beat each senseless in the middle of the ice, as the crowd goes wild, spilling their bud and coors lights!

Nah, just blowing off steam as true fans are anxious about game 7's.  They're miserable for everybody but the neutral observer.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #528 on: May 10, 2017, 05:21:15 pm »
I'll take the Caps in game 7 over the Ducks in their game 7. 

My heart is with both, my money is with neither.
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #529 on: May 10, 2017, 10:25:55 pm »
And the Nats come from behind to prevent the DC sweep. Woohoo!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #530 on: May 10, 2017, 10:38:34 pm »

I'll take the Caps in game 7 over the Ducks in their game 7
predicting game 7s is a fools errand
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 10:40:41 pm by godsshoeshine »
o/\o

hutch

« Reply #531 on: May 10, 2017, 11:19:56 pm »
damn i came here seeking clarity but.... i'm still hopin' the caps won but i'm scared as i go off..

hutch

« Reply #532 on: May 10, 2017, 11:20:38 pm »
i was right to be scared...f u c k

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #533 on: May 11, 2017, 08:42:04 am »
Western Conference finals are super tasty. Eastern, not so much.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #534 on: May 11, 2017, 10:11:21 am »
fml

I had a sneaking suspicion the Caps would not get a single point from Mr. Game 7. This team is going to look so different next year. uy.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #535 on: May 11, 2017, 10:16:16 am »
We are officially at the point where I do not see Ovechkin ever winning a Stanley Cup. I think he plays out the string on the last four years on his contract then goes to KHL when its up.
LVMH

godsshoeshine

« Reply #536 on: May 11, 2017, 12:53:26 pm »
We are officially at the point where I do not see Ovechkin ever winning a Stanley Cup. I think he plays out the string on the last four years on his contract then goes to KHL when its up.
i could see the caps doing something stupid and trading ovie in the next couple of years. i don't see many people blaming trotz this morning
o/\o

« Reply #537 on: May 11, 2017, 01:05:18 pm »
i could see the caps doing something stupid and trading ovie in the next couple of years.
You mean the ten million dollar cap hit for the next four seasons that just scored 33+36 and is going to be 32 at the start of next season? "Stupid" is a weird adjective to use. Backstrom is out-pointing him over the last 4 seasons aggregate.

There is a definite possibility the cap flexibility afforded by off loading him and getting a young top-6 forward back can help the young core (of which Ovechkin is not) extend their window for several seasons. Or if you want to go win now, do something nuts like trade for Subban straight up. You're telling me Subban doesn't put that team minus-OV closer to a cup?
LVMH

MAGA 2020

« Reply #538 on: May 11, 2017, 01:41:47 pm »
Huge Ovi fan but I do think it's time to move on and trade him while he can still bring back value.   I read this today and it speaks volumes to how this group just can't get it done...

Out of the16-team Eastern Conference only 4 teams have failed to make
 the 3rd round since Ovechkin came into the league.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #539 on: May 11, 2017, 01:49:36 pm »
i could see the caps doing something stupid and trading ovie in the next couple of years.
You mean the ten million dollar cap hit for the next four seasons that just scored 33+36 and is going to be 32 at the start of next season? "Stupid" is a weird adjective to use. Backstrom is out-pointing him over the last 4 seasons aggregate.

There is a definite possibility the cap flexibility afforded by off loading him and getting a young top-6 forward back can help the young core (of which Ovechkin is not) extend their window for several seasons. Or if you want to go win now, do something nuts like trade for Subban straight up. You're telling me Subban doesn't put that team minus-OV closer to a cup?
you presume that the caps would pull of a trade without retaining salary and actually make a good trade. i do not

if the caps traded ovie and kept trotz i would bet ovie gets a cup before the caps
o/\o