Author Topic: wisdom teeth  (Read 5098 times)

flawd101

wisdom teeth
« on: July 19, 2005, 12:23:00 pm »
ok i remember a topic about them put i dont feel like spending my day looking for it....

i just got home from getting mine out!!! the guy was awesome, the laughing gas was cool and then i got knocked out.  wow i just noticed my lip is a little numb...but anyways,  suposedly it was easy because my dental age is 19...that makes me happy...oh and the young assistant was so hot!

retell your story or you can make fun of me or do nothing...

Chip Chanko

Re: wisdom teeth
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 12:31:00 pm »
i still have mine.

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 12:38:00 pm »
Canadians don't have wisdom teeth.

eilo97

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 12:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by flawd101:
  ok i remember a topic about them put i dont feel like spending my day looking for it....

i just got home from getting mine out!!! the guy was awesome, the laughing gas was cool and then i got knocked out.  wow i just noticed my lip is a little numb...but anyways,  suposedly it was easy because my dental age is 19...that makes me happy...oh and the young assistant was so hot!

retell your story or you can make fun of me or do nothing...
i wish my experience had been like that!  unfortunately the numbness in my mouth wore off by the time i got home, and when i took the percocet (sp?) they gave me, i reacted badly to it and threw up.  since i couldn't keep food or pain killers down, it was not a good situation.

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 12:56:00 pm »
I still have mine, and two baby teeth to boot.  My disdain for dentists knows no boundaries.
27>34

MaLo

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 01:08:00 pm »
When i had my wisdom teeth pulled out, all the dentist gave me was novacaine...and he sang along with a Temptations cd while he worked.  I got sent home with tylenol.

I totally missed out on all the "fun" of having one's wisdom teeth pulled out.

Arthwys

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 01:37:00 pm »
I've got all four of mine still, in various stages of emergence from the gum, but they are soon to be gone.  I've got the surgery to get rid of all four at once lined up for about this time next month.  NOT looking forward to it at all.
Emrys

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 03:08:00 pm »
when i was knocked out for the procedure, i had a wonderful dream that i was ripley from the alien movies, kicking some serious giger creation ass.  the doctor thought i was a moron when i told him all about it through drooling laughter.

it's better to look good than to feel good, darling . . . and you look marvelous.

sonickteam2

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 03:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  i had a wonderful dream that i was ripley from the alien movies, kicking some serious giger creation ass.  the doctor thought i was a moron when i told him all about it through drooling laughter.

and then he gave you the anesthesia?

Sir HC

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 03:28:00 pm »
I have mine in a little envelope at home.  Got 4 out under novicaine.  One thing is you swallow blood then puke it up.  You will look like a chipmunk for the next couple days and depending on how they took them out all your teeth might be sore.  It was cool watching smoke come out my mouth when they drilled though!

jd930

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 05:09:00 pm »
You are so right about the swallowing of the blood and puking it up.  That was not fun.  But other than that it wasn't too bad, I was out during the procedure and then not much pain afterwards.

walkonby

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 05:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:

Originally posted by walkonby:
  i had a wonderful dream that i was ripley from the alien movies, kicking some serious giger creation ass.  the doctor thought i was a moron when i told him all about it through drooling laughter.

and then he gave you the anesthesia? [/b]
i love you, you love me, we're the clan of the cave bear family.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 09:28:00 pm »
i have all four of mine, and i was told it was a 1/100 chance to have them grow in perfectly like that, but by the looks of it, there are more of us out there ...
(o|o)

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 09:50:00 pm »
I think I have mentioned this before somewhere but since it has relevance here:
 All four of my wisdom teeth got yanked the day after getting my ass whooped in the pit of a Suicidal Tendencies show at the old 9:30 Club.  I was a mess.  In addition to the attendant damage and facial swelling related to the teeth being removed I had two black eyes and my right eye was swollen shut.  I was pretty hopped up on the knock out gas but my mom tells me that the folks in the waiting room were aghast at the sight of me stumbvling out of the operating room.

hitman

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 01:14:00 am »
Got 'em pulled while in college...a month before Thanksgiving, which sucked for Thanksgiving dinner.  All four were impacted, which I didn't care about while they were doing the procedure, because the gas was great.  Best sleep of my life.  But because of the impacting, the guy had to drill a hole in all four of my widom teeth.  Then he inserted a metal pin, and began to rock them out using two pairs of dental pliars on either side of the pin.  I realized the pain a day later.  I remember I had this cool ice pack that wrapped around my head with velcro.  And you slid a little gel ice pack in these sleeves on either side of my jaw.  Made me look like Jacob Marley from A Christmas Carol.  Pain killers were awesome, percodan or percocet (sp?), can't remember.  But I still have them, and considering the bastards were bigger than I ever expected, always thought of making them into dice.