Author Topic: $6 Yuengling?  (Read 51885 times)

Tom Servo

Re: $6 Yuengling?
« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2005, 01:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:

And, as Seth pointed out, like the cigarette companies, he is developing his customer base going forward.
You mean he's been pumping in nicotine through the AC vents?  I KNEW there was a reason I get all twitchy and irritable when I'm not at the club...

Tom Servo

« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2005, 01:42:00 pm »
and I can attest to voluntarily reducing my beer consumption at last night's Crowes show.  Like $3 a gallon gas, $6 yuenglings plus tip hits my personal behavior change point.  Granted, I was also trying to compensate for an above-average ticket price and the fact that I was still a little hungover from monday's Raveonettes show.  But I can see more pre-drinking in the future.

« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2005, 01:45:00 pm »
Lose size in your vehicle and your gas bill goes down, since it takes less gas to get you somewhere. Lose size in your fat ass, and the bar tab goes down, since it takes less booze to get you tanked. Seems simple enough.

Smaller cars and smaller people in 2006. Yeah!

Arlette

« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2005, 01:53:00 pm »
One other thing, an unexpected benefit of the $2.00 extra charge for underagers:  it became a badge of honor with them when they turned 21.  They were very proud to be able to show off that they didn't have to pay the extra money now.  Rather than discouraging your customers, they had another reason to be psyched for their 21st birthdays.

sonickteam2

« Reply #169 on: October 05, 2005, 02:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:

And, as Seth pointed out, like the cigarette companies, he is developing his customer base going forward.
ah yes, compare yourself to the cigarette companies, that will make you lots of friends in the consumer world!

« Reply #170 on: October 05, 2005, 02:02:00 pm »
Guiny, is that you? How are things in the Bahamas?

Originally posted by Arlette:
  One other thing, an unexpected benefit of the $2.00 extra charge for underagers:  it became a badge of honor with them when they turned 21.  They were very proud to be able to show off that they didn't have to pay the extra money now.  Rather than discouraging your customers, they had another reason to be psyched for their 21st birthdays.

tobyd

« Reply #171 on: October 05, 2005, 02:03:00 pm »
Better warn the bartenders.  Myself and I'm sure many other will rarely if ever tip on $6 beers.

The club should really find a better way to recoup.  Charge a few dollars more for tickets if you must.

To be reminded throughout the evening how overpriced the drinks are is a real annoyance that affects the overall happiness index and brings the place down.

T

« Reply #172 on: October 05, 2005, 02:06:00 pm »
I's be completely happy if they stopped selling alcohol altogether. But hey, if selling the alcohol helps keep ticket prices down, well I'll vote for that.

Originally posted by tobyd:
  Better warn the bartenders.  Myself and I'm sure many other will rarely if ever tip on $6 beers.

The club should really find a better way to recoup.  Charge a few dollars more for tickets if you must.

To be reminded throughout the evening how overpriced the drinks are is a real annoyance that affects the overall happiness index and brings the place down.

T

amnesiac

« Reply #173 on: October 05, 2005, 02:42:00 pm »
Found out (the hard way) last night that even rail vodkas are $6   :eek:  

I definitely will be drinking elsewhere before shows and not so much in the 9:30. Sorry Seth - I can't afford to pay for that trip you've been planning...

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2005, 05:53:00 am »
Personally I think the beer prices Seth charges are quite understandable because he has to cover the high cost of his bar staff....... $3.25 an hour doesn't grow on trees you know.  :roll:  

Seriously, instead of just whining about the prices you should all organize a protest by not paying the bar staff tips for a week, or just not buy drinks at all, which will hurt both Seth and his staff.

Action speaks louder than words people.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2005, 05:57:00 am »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:

Originally posted by Arlette:
  Why doesn't the club have a surcharge for those under 21?  Most clubs do these days.  Seth, you're missing a capitalistic opportunity.
being a capitalist does not mean that making money takes the place of right & wrong

I just think that charging people extra because of their age is wrong, and offensive

on the business side of that, we are trying to develop our future customers, not discourage them [/b]
Actually Seth...charging children the same is wrong and offensive. Don't most companies usually charge children less than adults for their services?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2005, 08:12:00 am »
how about those of us that want to get a non-alcoholic beverage in the club, besides the free water... in the past a soda was $3 which was a couple sips of something that costs the club pennies to serve.  that cost really leaves one in the mood to tip as well
T.Rex

Darth Ed

« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2005, 10:14:00 am »
The price of soda everywhere is ridiculous. Most restaurants charge $2, but that usually comes with free refills. $3 without free refills is insane. Just stick to the free water.

I usually have one or two beers when I attend a concert. $6 + $1 tip for a Newcastle Brown Ale or Sierra Nevada is a lot, but it's only about a $1 more than Black Cat for the same beers. Yuengling seems overpriced though, I agree.

I'm for anything that results in less alcohol being imbibed at shows. The concert attendees who are plastered are usually the ones that are distracting me from the music. If fewer people are getting drunk at shows and stumbling around and getting obnoxious instead of listening to the music, I'll happily pay an extra dollar for my beer.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2005, 10:21:00 am »
of course it could also cause people to show up to the show even more drunk,or baked as the case maybe, because they did it on the cheap(er) elsewhere...
T.Rex

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #179 on: October 06, 2005, 11:51:00 am »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:
   The concert attendees who are plastered are usually the ones that are distracting me from the music. If fewer people are getting drunk at shows and stumbling around and getting obnoxious instead of listening to the music, I'll happily pay an extra dollar for my beer.
Maybe you could get the band to play in your living room so you don't have to be bothered with any other members of the human race.