Author Topic: $6 Yuengling?  (Read 52086 times)

Re: $6 Yuengling?
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2005, 02:35:00 pm »
THere's a joke in there somewhere...

;)  
Originally posted by Bags:
 [QB]   And bartenders at a place like 9:30 likely have to deal with a lot of jerks, I can only imagine.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2005, 02:39:00 pm »
do you guys really thing the 930 prices are out of wack with similar clubs in other large cities? cause i dont
o/\o

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2005, 02:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  do you guys really thing the 930 prices are out of wack with similar clubs in other large cities? cause i dont
certainly not NYC ... irving plaza is absurdly expensive ... but it is out of wack with similar DC venues
(o|o)

sonickteam2

« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2005, 02:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:

Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
certainly not NYC ... irving plaza is absurdly expensive ... but it is out of wack with similar DC venues [/b]
the Hammerstein Ballroom is cheaper than 930, but its a fucking cash only bar, and theres NO ATM in the whole building. and no sign warning of this upon entry.

:mad:

squidpants

« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2005, 02:56:00 pm »
It's more than most venues in and around DC, and I'm pretty sure the Trocadero and TLA in Philly have cheaper beers. I remember not being surprised last time I went to them both.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2005, 03:00:00 pm »
ok poor suggestion on the gift card, although i did got mine around xmas time once... and as i said i don't drink so it's no worry of mine.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2005, 03:02:00 pm »
<talking out my ass>Does the DC tax rate of 10% factor into the price of drinks?</talking out my ass>
T.Rex

Venerable Bede

« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2005, 03:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by squidpants:
  It's more than most venues in and around DC, and I'm pretty sure the Trocadero and TLA in Philly have cheaper beers. I remember not being surprised last time I went to them both.
ahh, but you have to deal with random philly drinking laws/regs.  i was at the magnet show last year at the troc, and main floor was cash only, upstairs accepted cards (wait, as i think about it, i think they were only serving alcohol upstairs).  in any event, the very next night, both upstairs and downstairs bars were serving and accepted cards.  was at the flaming lips show at electric factory, and you could only drink in this roped off area at the side of the venue.

as for prices. . i don't really remember.
OU812

godsshoeshine

« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2005, 03:13:00 pm »
in pittsburgh you could only drink in the roped off areas for all ages shows. have no idea why they change it nightly in philly

see, back home normal was $2 for a bottle of yuengling. at the clubs it was $4. so twice as much. dc is at least $3.50, so $6 seems about right to me
o/\o

squidpants

« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2005, 03:17:00 pm »
I disagree, I've never had a $6 Yuengling at a show in DC before. I'm pretty sure it wasn't $6 last time I was there, which wasn't that long ago.

« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2005, 03:22:00 pm »
I'm not sure what you're talking about $2 for a Yuengling. I can get a 12 pack at Giant for $7.99. Is it $2 if I only buy an individual bottle?

muschi

« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2005, 03:28:00 pm »
is that a "squid" in your "pants" or are u just happy to see me

godsshoeshine

« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2005, 03:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Xavier Bush, Power Forward:
  I'm not sure what you're talking about $2 for a Yuengling. I can get a 12 pack at Giant for $7.99. Is it $2 if I only buy an individual bottle?
sorry, $2 a bottle at a regular run of the mill, nonclub bar. didn't make that clear
o/\o

amnesiac

« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2005, 03:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

Originally posted by squidpants:
ahh, but you have to deal with random philly drinking laws/regs.  i was at the magnet show last year at the troc, and main floor was cash only, upstairs accepted cards (wait, as i think about it, i think they were only serving alcohol upstairs).  in any event, the very next night, both upstairs and downstairs bars were serving and accepted cards.  was at the flaming lips show at electric factory, and you could only drink in this roped off area at the side of the venue.

as for prices. . i don't really remember. [/b]
PA has some weird laws. I know at an all ages show at the Electric Fatory, you can only drink in that area off to the side or on the balcony. I think prices were slightly cheaper than 9:30's previous prices.

squidpants

« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2005, 03:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by muschi:
  is that a "squid" in your "pants" or are u just happy to see me
A little from column A, a little from column B