Author Topic: $6 Yuengling?  (Read 51538 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: $6 Yuengling?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2005, 11:36:00 am »
Originally posted by Xavier Bush, Power Forward:
  Wow, what a deal!!!

I had a pitcher of Guinness in a yuppie part of Seattle for $9.

DC sucks ass.

Originally posted by amnesiac:
  used to be $4. Not sure how much they are now.

Merriweather's got a good deal - 24oz Stella for $8     :D  
[/b]
For fear of sounding elitist...but a real drinking establishment would never serve Guiness by the pitcher....unless the customer was going to drink it directly from the pitcher of course.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2005, 11:38:00 am »
my favorite bar back home had $1.50 22 oz michael shays all the time. pittsburgh wins
Originally posted by Xavier Bush, Power Forward:
  Wow, what a deal!!!

I had a pitcher of Guinness in a yuppie part of Seattle for $9.

DC sucks ass.

Originally posted by amnesiac:
  used to be $4. Not sure how much they are now.

Merriweather's got a good deal - 24oz Stella for $8     :D  
[/b]
o/\o

TomJaworski

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2005, 11:52:00 am »
my favorite bar back home had $1.50 22 oz michael shays all the time. pittsburgh wins  
that wouldn't happen to be denny's, would it?
 although michael o'sheas ain't that good and should be just $1.50. o'sheas is to killian's as busch is to budweiser. and they all = bad.

aren't the plastic cups used for drafts the same size as the glass pints. they just look smaller because the glass is thicker?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2005, 11:52:00 am »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
well, that's never going to happen at 930 club ... i think $4 domestic and $5 import is reasonable though ... anything more is really pushing it, this isn't eighteenth street lounge or something
(o|o)

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2005, 11:54:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:

Originally posted by squidpants:
  I asked what was cheaper, and it was only Bud, Bud Light, and Miller, or one of those other big breweries.
How much?
 [/b]
Bud Light on tap is $5.

vansmack

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2005, 12:04:00 pm »
9:30 Forum: Ticket prices are too high!

9:30 Club: Ok, we'll raise beer prices so that the price of tickets can stay down.

9:30 Forum: Beer prices are too high!

9:30 Club: We can't win.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2005, 12:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by LonnieBeale:

that wouldn't happen to be denny's, would it?
 although michael o'sheas ain't that good and should be just $1.50. o'sheas is to killian's as busch is to budweiser. and they all = bad.

aren't the plastic cups used for drafts the same size as the glass pints. they just look smaller because the glass is thicker? [/b]
they had the same deal on yuengling, miller light, and iron/ic light, if i remember correctly. and it was dee's cafe, between 13th and 14th and carson, i do believe
o/\o

ggw

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2005, 12:05:00 pm »
Who claims Yeungling is local?

xcanuck

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2005, 12:06:00 pm »
Be nice to your bartenders, tip well, don't be impatient, and I think you'll find yourself paying less for beers. I know my bar bill is usually less than what it should be and it's not just the 930 that does that.

Then again, maybe I'm getting some kind of volume discount which comes from drinking eight beers per night  ;)

squidpants

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2005, 12:10:00 pm »
I dunno, I don't think you should have to be buddies with the bartenders to get a decent price. Not that you should be a jerk either, but you know what I mean. I always tip $1 a beer, which i think is fair, and I don't expect them to give me a deal or whatever. $6 for Yuengling is just too much.

And to the other guy, I think ticket prices are fair, for the most part. And that probably depends on the band more than the club, right? $6 Yueng and $5 crappy stuff just means less beer for me, or more drinking at home before I go. Thus less money for them.

Originally posted by xcanuck:
  Be nice to your bartenders, tip well, don't be impatient, and I think you'll find yourself paying less for beers. I know my bar bill is usually less than what it should be and it's not just the 930 that does that.

Then again, maybe I'm getting some kind of volume discount which comes from drinking eight beers per night   ;)  

Bags

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2005, 12:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

9:30 Club: Ok, we'll raise beer prices so that the price of tickets can stay down.

That's not true for me at all...I've never complained about ticket prices (especially as I believe the high ones are due to the artists, not the club).  I understand it's a business, and they have revenue requirements.

And if you call it complaining about beer prices, then I'm complaining.  But a $5 bud draft is too high, so I won't whine, but I won't drink (as much) either.

That's happened to you at the club??  Never happened to me upstairs, downstairs or back bar, and there are shows I've purchased far over 10 drinks (not all for me, so don't bother chiming in Xavier) adn months I've been to the club as many as 10 times.  Guess that only comes from missing half a show chatting with the 'tender.    :p

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2005, 12:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

win? as in make money? or make everyone happy? cause i dont think anyone's goal is the latter...

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2005, 12:52:00 pm »
Also make sure you go back to the same bartender every time.  I don't think I've ever gotten a free drink at 9:30, but I'm sure they've gotten me my drinks quickly when it wasn't really my turn yet.  Sometimes that's more important than saving a couple bucks.

The Black Cat bartenders tend to give me discounted or free drinks all the time though.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2005, 12:53:00 pm »
without stating the obvious...

a couple solutions to consider, wait for the next 9:30 club gift card promotion,  which in the past has given more bang for one's buck with free bonus cards with purchase.  the gift cards can be used to buy tickets or beverages

secondly  doesn't the club have "happy hour pricing" in the backbar after a show... shadrach or thatguy will know

if the cost of drinks in the club is such concern one can always drive to see a band play in another city where the drinks are cheaper,  but i'm thinking in the end you end up spending a lot of money trying to save a few bucks on a couple of drinks.
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2005, 12:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:

if the cost of drinks in the club is such concern one can always drive to see a band play in another city where the drinks are cheaper,  but i'm thinking in the end you end up spending a lot of money trying to save a few bucks on a couple of drinks.
or if you live in Baltimore, just see shows up here and pay less for drinks, less for gas, less time getting to and from the show!!! woohoo!!  :)