Author Topic: I'll bet Smackie's been there  (Read 2024 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
I'll bet Smackie's been there
« on: September 29, 2005, 03:10:00 pm »
Anyone watching "Arrested Development"?  Monday's episode where Micheal goes to the British District of the O.C. was hilarious.  Cars driving on the wrong side of road, people working on GMT,...

Haven't seen the second episode of "My Name is Earl" yet, but based on the pilot this is going to be one funny show.  Daytime Hookers   ;)
T.Rex

renton007

Re: I'll bet Smackie's been there
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 03:23:00 pm »
AD is my favorite show on TV.  The plot lines this season (Oscar in jail and not George/GOB and Steve Holt) should provide some great laughs.  

Haven't really checked out My Name Is Earl. I've been a Jason Lee fan since he skated for Blind and was in Spike Jonze's Video Days.

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 03:25:00 pm »
And in other news, Lost is still the best show on tv.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 03:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by renton007:

Haven't really checked out My Name Is Earl. I've been a Jason Lee fan since he skated for Blind and was in Spike Jonze's Video Days.
i'm sure econo can tell you which sonic youth video jason lee is in.  actually, that shouldn't be terribly difficult.
OU812

renton007

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 03:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

Originally posted by renton007:

i'm sure econo can tell you which sonic youth video jason lee is in.  actually, that shouldn't be terribly difficult. [/b]
Spike Jonze directed that video also.  I remember it had a slo-mo shot of Guy Mariano doing a 360 kickflip down a flight of stairs.

thirsty moore

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 04:11:00 pm »
100%... my intro to the band.  They were super cool in that one.

Bags

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 04:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  Anyone watching "Arrested Development"?  
This is absolutely best comedy on t.v., and amazingly, this season is even heads and shoulders above the first two.  Just wonderful.

vansmack

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 09:26:00 pm »
My Name is Earl - it got a season pass on the Tivo before I even saw the pilot just on the premise alone.  Hasn't disappointed yet.  The second one wasn't as hilarious as the first, but it was still damn funny.  "How poison?"

As for the British District in The OC, where do you think I became a fan of British football?  

There is also a German Section called "Olde Worlde."
27>34

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 09:33:00 pm »
Jason Lee..?  

Rhymes with Scien-tolo-gy.