Author Topic: 10 Fave Deleted Movie Moments  (Read 1920 times)

vansmack

10 Fave Deleted Movie Moments
« on: April 21, 2004, 05:40:00 pm »
This is a much tougher topic, but I can remember a few brilliant movie scenes that I was shocked that were cut.  Thankfully, we have DVD's....

1) In High Fidelity, Cusacks character goes to the house of a lady (played by Beverly D'Angelo) who tries to sell her husbands record collection and Cusack won't buy because she has way undervalued the records.  Her husband left her and she want's to spite him by dumping them, but Cusack won't do it.  A great scene.  His reaction to the original Sex Pisols and Clash 45's is awesome.  A brilliant scene that I wish was included

2)  There are two scenes from Bull Durham that didn't make it - one where Nuke is getting shelled and Crash and the coach go to talk to him and the coach says "relax, you're throwing too hard.  Crash, how's he look?" and crash goes "I don't know, I haven't caught one yet."   Another scene was changed - originally the "Lollygagging" scene was supposed to involve the Figure Skating girls, but they changed it.  Both were funny though.
27>34

walkman

Re: 10 Fave Deleted Movie Moments
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 06:38:00 pm »
merloni's "parsley" scene in Wet Hot American Summer...priceless.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 08:58:00 am »
That scene from High Fidelity was in the book.

raebyddet

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 10:25:00 am »
Originally posted by ballsnotbeats:
There was a lot in the book that was missing from the movie. I like that movie a lot, however the book is really much much better than the movie.

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 02:46:00 pm »
Yep.
27>34

Sir HC

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 03:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by raebyddet:

There was a lot in the book that was missing from the movie. I like that movie a lot, however the book is really much much better than the movie. [/b]
Like the country it was in.  It makes more sense as a Northern Soul type of record guy, but when brought to the USA it lost a bit of that.

Still both are great as their own things.

From what I understand the line missing in Fight Club (From the book) where Marla says "I want to have your abortion".

Relaxer

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2004, 11:05:00 pm »
I like the scene, deleted from the original, in The Exorcist where Regan walks like a spider upside down the staircase. Some people think it's cheesy, but I think it's great.
oword